Anybody knows what happened to "gStation"?

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Giulio Cesare Augusto
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi,
I downloaded a nice extention in which there is an extesive reference to the instruction "gStation". When I tried to load it I got the following error message
(Commonwealth vs Ares battlefield): gStation variable has been deprecated--use gSource instead. End logging session
Then I substituted all the "gStation" in the file with "gSource". I had got no more error messages during the loading phase of the game but the extension does not work properly. Does any of you have an idea of the reasons?

p.s. I apologize for any grammatical mistake. I'm not a native english speaker.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Giulius wrote:p.s. I apologize for any grammatical mistake. I'm not a native english speaker.
I don't have an answer to your question, but your english seems to be perfect ;)
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

George got rid of gStation a few releases ago. I would ask the maker of the mod to update it. Or, you could always post it here and hope someone can decipher the designer's intent :wink:
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

My bad, I thought it was gone in 0.96a as well. Either way, it is gone now, which is really all that matters...
Giulio Cesare Augusto
Anarchist
Anarchist

It's a new farm station. Anyway, I substituted all the gStation with gSource and it seems to work apart for one aspect. In the doking sequence the extesione is supposed to load an image different from ShipInterior.jpg but no image is loaded. I tried to understand why reading the .xml made by george moromisato but I have not been able to understand the problem. Should the images be in a defined folder in order to be loaded? Do you have any clue?

Below I'll paste the relevant part of the code.

<Image UNID="&rsAgricFarm;" bitmap="AgriFarming.jpg"/>

<DockScreens>
<Main
name="=(objGetName gSource)"
backgroundID="&rsAgricFarm;">
<Panes> <Default desc= "You are docked in the Agricultural Station">
<Actions>

<!--- I deleted the set of actions >

</Actions>
</Default>
</Panes>
</Main>