Dynamic Systems

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

RPC wrote:I don't recall doing the anarchist faction because they are too weak and it would be a really big annoyance to have hornets flying around the player all the time.
You should add shielded hornets with ceramic armor and earthzones with class II deflectors. dual turbo lasers and heavy ceramic armor.
(can you possibly have an enemy ship spawn with two types of armor ?? like 2# matter and 2# energy?)
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

FourFire wrote:
RPC wrote:I don't recall doing the anarchist faction because they are too weak and it would be a really big annoyance to have hornets flying around the player all the time.
You should add shielded hornets with ceramic armor and earthzones with class II deflectors. dual turbo lasers and heavy ceramic armor.
(can you possibly have an enemy ship spawn with two types of armor ?? like 2# matter and 2# energy?)
Please don't. Digdug and I ran into this sort of issue during Weapons Extended development. Any shield on something as fast as a hornet is unbelievably annoying.

Actually, I think hornets always were excluded from getting shields. It was the not quite as small and fast Himal that were the headaches. Hornets would have been even worse.
Literally is the new Figuratively
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Atarlost wrote:
FourFire wrote:
Please don't. Digdug and I ran into this sort of issue during Weapons Extended development. Any shield on something as fast as a hornet is unbelievably annoying.

Actually, I think hornets always were excluded from getting shields. It was the not quite as small and fast Himal that were the headaches. Hornets would have been even worse.
Sorry for asking, I will do it, locally :D

But yeah, can you get NPC's to spawn with several different Armor types?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Actually, I think hornets always were excluded from getting shields.
true. in WE Hornets are prevented to get shields.
During development, I remember a Hornet with a Class II and a turbolaser, it was the most annoying thing ever !
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

IS there any plan to update DySys to 1.6, or possibly even add DySys functionality to Corporate Command and/or Eternity Port factions?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Yesh/noish.
Probably more no than yes.
I am ok if somebody decides to take up this mod and update it to 1.6 or even just make unique adjustments to it.

The problem is uni is really up in my schedule but I CAN make the time for it. The problem is the quarter system is too fast and now that I'm in the second week I am expected to know 20%( D: !!!) of the material already and midterms are spread out from week 4-7 so it's very hard to find a block of time just to mod. Also break time is when I just melt and don't want to logic >.>

Last week all I did in python class was look at the Mothership mod though.

If you have a list of bugs/fixes for Dynamic systems please list them here and I can chew through them throughout the quarter.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

If you guys want, we could work on DySys as well.

Speaking of which, still have some previous updates from the Succession #7 to upload.
Fiction is reality, simplified for mass consumption.
PGP: 0x940707ED, 5DB8 4CB4 1EF5 E987 18A0 CD99 3554 3C13 9407 07ED
Bitcoin: 1LLDr7pnZDjXVT5mMDrkqRKkAPByPCQiXQ
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'd like to see Dynamic Systems updated, and I can provide bugtesting and suggestions, but it is RPCs mod.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm ok with other people updating it. The only problem is that I don't want multiple versions on xelerus.

@TVR: I haven't seen the update yet, link to updated version + list of fixes so I can double check them?
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm ok with other people updating it. The only problem is that I don't want multiple versions on xelerus.
put it on github and merge as required from other people to keep the project updated with a single trunk ?
bzm3r
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

digdug wrote:
put it on github and merge as required from other people to keep the project updated with a single trunk ?
+1 for GitHub
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

+1 for github!

I'll be able to dust off my account which I never use, and probably contribute some actual code.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I tried learning git and I spent one hour figuring out that the desktop on screen isn't the actual desktop with My Computer on it.

I tried to commit to my GitHub account but then it didn't show(!)?
There's a lot of errors on the command line and I also tried the client but while I got the client to make the public repo it didn't want to add the other files for some reason.

I'll post a list of stuff I need help with when I get back home.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Does github take resource files like png or jpg?
Otherwise the image resources have to be provided somewhere else in addition to me using github
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral