Armor HUD graphics question

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
steelwing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I've gotten my armor graphics done, thanks to a lot of work with ImageMagick. Fun tool, that. Now two questions, both of which I think I know the answer to:
1. Does transcendence support PNGs yet? I haven't seen anything saying it does, so I assume "no".
2. Do all ship graphics have to be done on a black background, or can the background be transparent? If black, does the game treat black as being transparent? Reading the forums and the wiki leads me to suspect the answers are "black" and "yes".
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

does the game treat black as being transparent?
Yes, anything black on the image is not drawn, though I believe you can change the color that is drawn transparent in the image tag.

The game does support 8 bit masks that allow transparency, png's no, but I have never used the former personally.
ImageImage
Thanks to digdug for the banners.
steelwing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Bobby wrote:Yes, anything black on the image is not drawn, though I believe you can change the color that is drawn transparent in the image tag.

The game does support 8 bit masks that allow transparency, png's no, but I have never used the former personally.
Cool, thank you! :)