A utility weapon

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Icabod458
Miner
Miner

I am unsure if the following is possible, or even feasible. First the set up, then the idea for the utility/weapon.

I forget which system I was in but it was a nebula system. I had a system map ROM and had attacked everything except for a Ferian colony. I was in the midst of destroying miners when I was attacked by Sapiens with their green blobs (I forget the weapon name.) Anyway, I was firing at them and hit the colony and was soon surrounded by miners. These were also hit by the green stuff. I hightailed it to a station for decontamination. Then I returned and wiped the Sapiens out but there were a lot of miners that were contaminated.

Is there any way a weapon can be modded/made to decontaminate any other craft that has been contaminated? I also realize if this could be, a player would almost never have to be decontaminated at a station, unless attacked.

Just a thought.

Thanks
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Good idea. If the radiation comes into play more, I reckon this could be implemented. It would have to be rare though. For now, Decon gel should suffice, but it would still be a nice idea.
Need a mod? Transcendence Mods
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well, that situation is the result of making two tactical errors. People always think they should be able to buy themselves out of trouble... i do not agree to this.
Karl
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It depends on the type of trouble. I've always found getting poisoned in RPGs to be simply not fun, and radiation is basically the space version of being poisoned.

Now, if there were an item I could put on my ship that would decontaminate my ship and other ships that I came in contact with, and I had reason to use it, I'd gladly place it on my ship.... taking up space that could otherwise be used for other things. That's how I like to play. Like a boy scout, I like to be prepared.

In short, I think this is a good idea. Yes, I know that decon gel and such already exist but this is different and cool. Having to run back to a station to get decontaminated is just an annoying waste of time.

Poison is one of those annoying cliche's of RPG games. I've never thought "Oh boy, I can get poisoned in this game!" When you get poisoned, it wastes time that you'd rather be spending hunting dragons or such, so I think just about anything that counteracts poison is a good thing.
~
[Grabs a box of batteries.] The power is mine! MINE! Ah hahaha! AHHHH HAHAHA!
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

You can't have a weapon that decontaminates in the game (well unless the contaminate attribute can be reversed, but I doubt it). However, you could have a device or consumable item that does.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

you can also have an non consumable item that can decontaminate. You can also have a weapon that decontaminates you when you use it (not fire but invoke).
Crying is not a proper retort!
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I don't think a weapon when fired can decontaminate someone, but I can mod a weapon (though not tested) when installed will make you radiation proof...
>.<