Iocrym weapon graphics (12 damage types) [NEW oct 13th: dark

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

So, I went ahead and created Iocrym weapons for the same 12 damage types I did here.

Laser/Particle/Ion/Positron/Antimatter/Graviton/Dark Acid/Dark Lightning
Kinetic/Blast/Thermo/Plasma/Nano/Singularity/Dark Steel/Dark Fire

NEW VERSION! Redownload from here:

https://www.box.com/s/uh5ymbfnj0auofmwflac

Also, I do intend to make a mod sometime that actually replaces ingame icons with these, once I've finished all the primary weapons.

I went ahead and did laser/kinetic and particle/blast as well- it's very unlikely the base game would ever have laser/kinetic Iocrym weapons, but it's better to have it and not need it (for a potential mod to use) than need it and not have it.

I also realized, I'm going to have to create at least one Dark type for humans (because Penitent cannon), so I might as well create all four for both humans and Iocrym. That will be my project for the rest of the weekend, as I don't have anything major to work on.

Also, yes, once more aliens are introduced in Part II I will create more icons :)

After primaries are finished (still need the Dark types), I'll go through and see if I can replace the existing weapons icons. Any minor fixes (like possibly enlarging the human laser cannon as it's a bit out of place) will be included in that mod. After that, I may do some launchers/missiles.

Edit Oct 13th: So, I guess I'll go through and replace default weapons with some of mine. I might get that done this week, as it'll take going through all the item images in /resources and finding out what goes where (Is there a documented list of that?). After that, I'll probably do some launchers and missiles/MAGs... and in a small bout of boredom yesterday, I started on armor segments. :D
Last edited by Shivan Hunter on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm here to shift paradigms and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

<+The_Shrike> If you install 2 solar panels, you will have 2 solar panels installed.
<DarthGeek|2> :o
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Great job DarthGeek! :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

woo, modding :D
I'm here to shift paradigms and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

<+The_Shrike> If you install 2 solar panels, you will have 2 solar panels installed.
<DarthGeek|2> :o
Coster
Anarchist
Anarchist

Shivaen Hunter wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:49 am
Also, I do intend to use these pre workouts sometime that actually replaces ingame icons with these, once I've finished all the primary weapons.

I went ahead and did laser/kinetic and particle/blast as well- it's very unlikely the base game would ever laser/kinetic Iocrym weapons, but it's better to have it and not need it (for a potential mod to use) than need it and not have it.
Can't believe I'm just finding these now! I love the turquouse colors.