Replace a weapon on a station?

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
marsrocks
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Are there any commands that allow a player to change out a weapon on a station?

I see from Shivan Hunter in another thread that I can use (objSetProperty targetObj 'hp (objGetProperty targetObj 'maxhp)) to kind of repair station armor. But are there other commands that would allow me to make changes to existing stations to change out armor, weapons, and other devices.

For instance, are there station equivalent commands to these ship commands: (shpInstallDevice ship expression) (shpRemoveDevice ship expression) (shpInstallArmor ship itemStruct number)?

There is no staInstallDevice or staRemoveDevice, or any simple workaround to that, right?
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Did you try to use shpInstallDevice? I think it takes "ship" as a SpaceObject so it might work on stations. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure.
I'm here to shift paradigms and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

<+The_Shrike> If you install 2 solar panels, you will have 2 solar panels installed.
<DarthGeek|2> :o
marsrocks
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Thanks, Shivan, I will try that!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

**One of the Fleet command should have hit this one to make sure new readers don't get misled.
But I will do ( they think I'am Mental anyway, so they won't care ) LOL

Shp is Ship : Sta= Station

If you want your .xml to do it you require the orders, yes, but it is easier to either give the station a PatchSpider in it's devices OR go totally NUTs with a self upgrading station.

mmm...I once had code for a self-upgrading ship I could give you..: must be on the desktop. srry.

but you get the idea.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Shane is right.
AFAIK, there is no way to install a weapon into a station. (or to remove it)

However,
you can probably do it using an overlay onto the station and an event shooting the weapon.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

digdug wrote:Shane is right.
AFAIK, there is no way to install a weapon into a station. (or to remove it)

However,
you can probably do it using an overlay onto the station and an event shooting the weapon.
Now THAT is an Honor:) However you made me think with " there is no way " :

yes there is but we do it for ships not stations: the ship configurations :

with "Salvager Store" you often had to go past the ships' config to get to the list of the inventory : However, the ship, at the point of docking becomes a mobile station : so it CAN be done.

What we need is:
A dock screen that ( depending on the Player's level or possession of a higher powerful weapon/device/ armor that the station might be able to use ) would let the player into the station's config ( but not for Items / station cargo ) so the player CAN swap weapons or armor to assist a station ( and this leads to station construction ideas eventually but the main item you really need if you want to go all Manual on the situation like re-building those original drone ships : the entire hold up is the dockscreen and required parameters to access that screen.

should not be too difficult: ( for others, for me it could take hours, I am still trying to get my life in L.A. started )

The way I would start it off is using a simple dock screen / ship config edited into the station : then go to the Teratons for the access code parameters : after that it should be gravy :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..