Teleportation, Gating, and the Like

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

The trans-space jumpdrive allows ships to teleport a set distance forward: is there any way to set a specific location (an station/planet/etc in a system) to always jump to? For example, a new gem that instantly teleports the player to the closest Sisters of Domina station, or the nearest Commonwealth station if none are found.

Also, the G.O.D. mod had a function to teleport the player to any system: how could something similar be made? I had in mind a stargate whose location could be changed from a dockscreen.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Use these functions:
(objSetPos obj vector [rotation])
Example:
(objGateTo obj node entrypoint [effectID])

This moves the ship 1000 ls in the direction it is facing.
(objSetPos gPlayership (sysVectorPolarOffset (ObjGetPos gPlayership) (shpGetDirection gplayership) 1000))

Example:
(ObjGateTo is a bit harder because you need to know a location in a system that you might not have encountered before. Now that systems are generated at game start, all that you need to do is know what to look for. In this case, and easy pick would be a stargate at that node)

This is what the jumpdrive uses to get to Elysium. In this case, Elysium has a "start" position already predefined in the code that generates the star system.
(objGateTo gSource "Elysium" "Start" &efStargateOut;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.