Prolog Varience

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

When creating a new adventure, there is an initial adventure description text and then a prolog text after selecting your ship. Is it possible to change what prolog text appears based on what ship was chosen? If so, could an example be provided, as I am still learning the ropes of Tlisp?

Thanks!
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Shaman
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I tried and failed.

My problem was getting the type of the playership.
According to some older posts the playership itself is created AFTER the prologue So the usually used functions wouldn't work here.
I couldn't find any other function on Xelerus.

I couldn't find a piece of code where the playership is created. I think it's hardcoded.

I got some weird results which didn't make any sense. This happened a few times to me when something hardcoded couldn't get what it wants.

Sorry.
(I had fun, thanks for the challenge.)
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Thank you for trying, though. :)

I suppose I could stick to having a station give the briefing like I've been doing, but I'm still curious...
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

It might not be possible. It would depend on if gPlayership is defined during that screen. You can go to the prolog text and use (PrintTo 'log gplayership) in the code to see if it is defined. If it is defined then you can change the text.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Relevant: http://wiki.kronosaur.com/modding/xml/game_lifecycle
 Apparently gPlayer is defined at the time, but not gPlayerShip.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Hmmm, interesting. If my mod overwrites some of the core code related to player/functions/etc, would gPlayer be able to check for something like a variable/name, at least? I think I could use a variable to check for either a user-edited variable beforehand, but I could always fall back to the extensive-dockscreen-network-upon-initiation method.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The main problem looks to be figuring out how to find the variable to call. I mean, calling something in <OnGameStart> looks straightforward enough, but there are no accessible variables set by selecting a playership that really can be called. There is no gPlayerShip at that point, and nothing in the <Events> section would fire between picking the ship and <OnGameStart> happening that you could get to. Your best bet might be to put a ticket up on Ministry asking for an <OnShipSelected> event or, possibly better, a plyGetShipType function.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ok, I'll get around to doing that once Final Exams are over. Guess it's going to be extensive-dockscreen-network-upon-initiation until then... :(