Xelerus upload failed

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I tried to upload a mod to Xelerus today for the first time and got this error message:
Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/www/web29/html/xelerus/includes/base_functions.php on line 114
Based on the path name and the fact that it's a PHP file, it looks to me like a problem on Xelerus' side. I've never tried to upload a mod before, though. Is there something I could do differently to avoid the problem?
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sadly Xelerus is dyring slowly, we don't have access to the source code only Bimbel does.
We are happy to move the site over to Kronosaur to maintain it but that is 3rd party currently.
Uploading sometimes works, but your best bet for now is perhaps Github or our shared dropbox - pm me for access.
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ttech wrote:Sadly Xelerus is dyring slowly, we don't have access to the source code only Bimbel does.
We are happy to move the site over to Kronosaur to maintain it but that is 3rd party currently.
Uploading sometimes works, but your best bet for now is perhaps Github or our shared dropbox - pm me for access.
Thanks! Just sent a PM.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Tacking this on for future reference.
If your xelerus uploads are failing it's quite possibly because it doesn't like anything other than letters or numbers in the Description text. No brackets, apostrophes, quotes or similar.

Try uploading with only AAAAAA in the description box (it requires more than 5 digits to work for some reason) and then use the xelerus 'Edit data'' button (one of the five buttons on the top right of the central screen when you are logged in) to add your description after. This has worked for me numerous times.

And thanks to whoever it was that posted this info in another topic somewhere. EDIT: 'Twas AP who shared that very useful info!
Last edited by relanat on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

relanat wrote:Tacking this on for future reference.
If your xelerus uploads are failing it's quite possibly because it doesn't like anything other than letters or numbers in the Description text. No brackets, apostrophes, quotes or similar.

Try uploading with only AAAAAA in the description box (it requires more than 5 digits to work for some reason) and then use the xelerus 'Edit data'' button (one of the five buttons on the top right of the central screen when you are logged in) to add your description after. This has worked for me numerous times.

And thanks to whoever it was that posted this info in another topic somewhere.
This.
Xelerus has also troubles with commas and full stops for me, recently. (Or any other punctuation)

Also when you upload a file, be sure the file and has no dashes or underscore lines or spaces. It improves the upload success ratio.