Non critical armour.

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I was looking through the Ares module, one fine evening, and I came across the polar-class ship.

I looked upon the armour and saw noncritical. Nothing new, I hear you cry. Then I saw

Code: Select all

nonCritical="tactical"
nonCritical="cargo"
nonCritical="general"
what is the difference between the different "types" of non-critical armour?
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Well, cargo means that if the ship is desroyed and there's a wreck, the armor will always appear in the cargo hold. General is the ordinary noncritical, and I have no idea about tactical.
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I wondered about that too. Somehow I keep forgetting to ask whenever I go online. I don't know about tactical either but I guess it has something to do with how it helps in battle. Have you ever noticed how it takes a while to bring down a ship's armor after 100 damage even if you are firing at the same spot or is it just my imagination?
By the way, what is areaset? That's another thing I keep forgetting to ask....
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Blitz wrote: Have you ever noticed how it takes a while to bring down a ship's armor after 100 damage even if you are firing at the same spot or is it just my imagination?
It's not your imagination. I've encountered that many many times, especially when fighting against ships equipped with "no shields" armors. Get them damaged at 100% and have to keep on hitting them in the same spot for what seems like forever before they'll die. And I'm not talking about using pea shooters either--I've used weapons that should have had little problems killing them. So I haven't a clue as to why they remain temporarily 'invincible' after 100% damaged.
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Nothing is more frustrating in the game than killing salvager nomads early on. They can't do anything particularly damaging to you unless you did suicide runs and their armor drives me to just that. George sure is clever....

And again, I really want to know what is areaset. And why are areaset values always 0 1 2 3 4 6 7 and 13. What about the others?