Transcendence Engine and Scripting. TLW's biggest questions

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Shrike wrote:
4. What is generic damage class?
Generic damage is damage "without" a damage type. But since the game engine always has a damage type, it instead has a separate type for that. Generic damage bypasses all immunities and resistance. Generally speaking you shouldn't be using generic damage for things unless there's no other option.
More accurately, generic damage always hits shields and armor for normal damage, unless code in events tell it otherwise. Generic damage will not bypass Luminous drones' shields, but will do full damage to them.

Generic damage can be useful at times (I used it for a special faux-laser weapon designed to ignore immunity/resistance to laser to compensate for poor shot damage), but it should be used very sparingly.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

@PM, thanks for the insight!

So no way to make something resistant against generic?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You can, but it takes a bit of tLisp in <OnShieldDamage> or <OnArmorDamage>. You can’t do it in basic armor or shield XML alone.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

AssumedPseudonym wrote: You can, but it takes a bit of tLisp in <OnShieldDamage> or <OnArmorDamage>. You can’t do it in basic armor or shield XML alone.
:(