Trading Guild and more

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Iconian
Anarchist
Anarchist

I looked around around on Xelerus for any mods to help improve trading, but there weren't that many. I got Trade Assistant, but that doesn't help with planning out strategy so much.

I've played games in the past where you could easily see the prices of different commodities in different locations. It seems to me this ability might be somewhat overpowered in some trading games . . . but perhaps someone could create a mod for Transcendence introducing a Trading Guild, to give the player access to software to make trading much easier. But first let me back up.

The best example I can think of off-hand of the sort of trading I'd like to see is from a PC game called Galaxy G, which I think came out around ten years ago. I recall that it always gave the prices for goods in all the other systems nearby, making trade strategy a breeze compared with Transcendence.

Maybe someone could make a mod in which the Eridani System has a Trader's Guild Workshop, at which the player would be able to join the Trader's Guild, for a small fee. They'd give you a ROM on joining, like how Korolov gives you a ROM after enough missions. The ROM would be a real-time communication feed with the Guild, providing you access to both the buy and sell prices of every item in every location that's within the Guild's influence (i.e., pricing info for every station, restaurant, farm, etc, rather than the system as a whole). Maintaining guild membership would also require a small fee, perhaps 10 credits once every day in-game time.

And there'd be some areas the Guild wouldn't have pricing information on--their pricing knowledge would probably start to wane after you leave St. Katharine's. But it would certainly be nice if this feature let you see the prices of items at locations you have yet to visit, so long as the Guild has some sort of presence there.

And perhaps you could also upgrade your Guild membership, which would further tell you the price differences between two locations. You could then sort the available items by the price difference, making it easier to figure out where the most profit is to be made (i.e., you can buy titanium ore for 13 credits at X mining operation and sell it for 15 at Y Corporate Enclave, making the price difference 2, and thus this trade would be near the bottom of the list. Alternatively, you could buy medical supplies from medical station A for 50 credits each and sell them to ice farm B for 100, making your profit 50--thus, a much better deal and higher up the list).

I could see some other possible improvements to such a mod . . . perhaps if someone actually creates this mod I'll share some other ideas, but this alone would be a huge help for traders.
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I know this doesn't answer your question, and it's not a mod, but I've been using the page below to see how stations adjust their trade prices:

https://wiki.kronosaur.com/game/station ... ade_prices

I agree that it would be helpful to have a mod so this information is easier to access in-game.
Iconian
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thank you for posting that here, but I'd already seen it. Some nice trade features would be much more helpful in sorting and organizing the information in a more useful way though, and less time-consuming. But . . . Transcendence isn't really about trade that much. I doubt too many people do much trading in the game, but I think a whole lot more would if there were decent in-game features for trading.