Decompiling StarsOfThePilgrimHD

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

(This adds higher quality images (120 facings) of some of the larger ships to Transcendence.)

I managed to decompile this file but only by changing its name to Transcendence.tdb and then running Transdata as usual. Thanks to whoever it was that posted that somewhere in the forum.

I'm assuming you can add a filename to the Transdata/decompile command somehow but don't know the format/syntax.

Could someone post it here for future reference for everyone? Thanks.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Code: Select all

wine ./TransData.exe /decompile /dataFile:fileNameGoesHere.tdb
 That should do the trick. Just make sure you have TransData in the same folder as the TDB you’re decompiling.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

or
put transdata in the collection folder, create a txt file and rename the extension to bat.
put this in the file:
FOR %%C IN (SET *.tdb) DO TransData.exe /decompile /datafile:%%C
(This has been contributed by PKOdon btw)

double click on the newly created bat file and look astonished as all the tdbs in your collection folder are decompiled. :)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

…Actually, let me throw the Linux version of that in here, since it’s different and I know there are a few players who use Wine to run Transcendence.

Put a copy of TransData in the Collections folder. Open up a new text document and paste the following into it:

Code: Select all

find ./*.{t,T}{d,D}{b,B} -exec wine ./TransData.exe /decompile /dataFile:{} \;
 Save to the Collections folder, change its extension to .sh, go into the file’s properties and, under permissions, make sure it’s allowed to run as a program. Then just run it and it’ll take things from there.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

FOR %%C IN (SET *.tdb) DO TransData.exe /decompile /datafile:%%C
OMG. Thank you, thank you, thank you PKodon and digdug (and AP on behalf of Linux users).

That is sooooo much easier than mucking about with the (extremely irritating, highly pedantic and totally unforgiving) command line code.

Modders, if you haven't mastered using Transdata via the method shown in the other forum posts don't even bother. Using the above method is so much quicker and easier I won't ever be going back.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
eddlinux
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thank you for your post @ AssumedPseudonym . This help me a lot...