Playership dockscreen color customization

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

A quick example of what is now possible with playership dockscreens.

From the API 30 ministry post by George. https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=54396

Dock Screen Customization
API 30 allows a player ship class to customize the look of the dock screen elements. The <PlayerSettings> element can have a <DockScreenDisplay> element, which specifies images and colors to use for the dock screen. The <DockScreenDisplay> element has the following attributes:
⦁ backgroundImage: The UNID for the background image to use. It should be 1280×528 pixels in size. The default is &rsDefaultDockScreenBkgnd;.
⦁ contentMask: The UNID for the mask used to paint images. It should be 1280×528 pixels in size. The default is &rsDefaultDockScreenMask;.
⦁ textBackgroundColor: The RGB color of the background area behind normal text.
⦁ textColor: The RGB color of normal text in dock screen.
⦁ titleTextBackgroundColor: The RGB color of the background behind the title.
⦁ titleTextColor: The RGB color of title and header text.

See the image for color variations from this code in the <PlayerSettings> section of the Scorpion playership.

Code: Select all

<DockScreenDisplay
		backgroundImage=		"&rsWhitePlateDockscreen;"
		contentMask=			"&rsDefaultDockScreenMask;"
		textBackgroundColor=	"#b63718"
		textColor=			        "#f7ffc6"
		titleTextBackgroundColor=	"#feff00"
		titleTextColor=			"#008000"
	/>
The white plate dockscreen is one of xephyr's textures resized and cropped. https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7692
The colors were picked at random from the Transcendence_Source code. Search "color=" for more.

Note the ship's stats are not visible nor the PageUp or Esc descriptions, but I don't know much about masks and stuff so not sure what's happening there.
Attachments
Dockscreen color variation (800 x 480).jpg
Dockscreen color variation (800 x 480).jpg (91.5 KiB) Viewed 7250 times
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!