Absorbing Wreck

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Can anyone tell me where gaian codes?
I mean not faction or ships (EncounterVol01), but the codes where gaian destroy wreck and absorbing their metal scrap..
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

It’s the controller="gaianprocessor" part of the encounter that does it. Unfortunately, putting that onto a ship will basically make that ship act like a Gaian Terraformer, and I’m not sure you can use shpSetController to change it back afterward. The actual effect where it destroys a wreck and vacuums up the debris is, unfortunately, hardcoded into the engine itself, and can’t be directly accessed. There has been occasional griping about this before.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

AssumedPseudonym wrote: It’s the controller="gaianprocessor" part of the encounter that does it. Unfortunately, putting that onto a ship will basically make that ship act like a Gaian Terraformer, and I’m not sure you can use shpSetController to change it back afterward. The actual effect where it destroys a wreck and vacuums up the debris is, unfortunately, hardcoded into the engine itself, and can’t be directly accessed. There has been occasional griping about this before.
Hmm... :(
I see...
I was planning to redesign armor, so the player must destroy a wreck to regenerate it manually.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Clever idea, I like that. I have an AI faction who were initially planned to rebuild lost drones this way. I’ll put up a request ticket on Ministry about it. In the meantime, you may want to just settle for a dockscreen addition based off of shipwreck scuttling.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)