ERROR: shpOrder attack requires target not helpful

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

That error message is killing my game speed by printing to log 5x per second, how to fix?
It just tells me some attack order is wrong but I can't even tell which one it is without sifting through everything.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

If you run in debug mode (/debug) it should generate an error instead of a log. Hopefully you'll be able to see the error at that point.

Let me know if that works.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It could be that you've got a mod calling shpOrder with incorrect syntax in a recurring event. Try using Notepad++ or a similar program to search your extensions for (shpOrder and see if you can find it. If that returns a million hits, you could narrow it down by searching for this regular expression:

Code: Select all

\(shpOrder\s+\S+\s+'attack\s
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Thanks George about debug mode since the error message was a lot more helpful. I was looking at the wrong attack code this whole time.

NMS was right, I was using SysFindObj with N:65. Since there were no objects I was calling an invalid attack order.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.