Wingman Behavior

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Why the standard wingman can't automatically dock to repair like Volkov do?
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You mean the Fleet wingmen? It might be cool if they repaired when close to the CSC, but given that they're meant to be temporary, and don't have the huge shield - armor ratio that the more permanent wingmen have, that might cause issues.

Might work as a custom order, once the issues with friendly fire are sorted out and we can trust Brits not to destroy the station they're trying to repair at.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

JohnBWatson wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:16 pm
You mean the Fleet wingmen? It might be cool if they repaired when close to the CSC, but given that they're meant to be temporary, and don't have the huge shield - armor ratio that the more permanent wingmen have, that might cause issues.

Might work as a custom order, once the issues with friendly fire are sorted out and we can trust Brits not to destroy the station they're trying to repair at.
My first edits are always to add NoFriendlyFire = "true" to many ship AI Setting
( I said it that way for those that want to do it but might not be sure exactly how or where to put it - in the beginning I copied a great deal from the forum posts )

However, I tend to be Biased, I only put the edit on ships I like or want to live a little longer so I can kill them.

Unless the player is playing a Registered game, going for the UG Wingman might be helpful : and if the player's particular Wingman isn't included in the Mod, they can add them.
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mods&c=Wi ... name=Bobby

and Upgraded Wingman might be useful too : http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1237
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Wingmen docking to repair armor is handled in baStdWingmanBase. Commonwealth fleet wingmen do not inherit from this base class, so that's not handled (and is also why their orders are different).
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.