Not sure if this is bug or feature

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

While firing main weapon & Missiles ( Tab & right Shift ) it tends to turn on the
"Ease of Access " for the computer - the notice comes up asking if I want a feature turned on, ( the ship continues to fire weapons until the Tab & Shift key is hit again to turn them off )
AFTER I decline , returning to the game is often ok.... but this morning I lost the ability to dock,
the ship behaved as if it was loaded with bricks.

I saved and closed the game, quit the game Exe, Started the game Exe again : everything is appearing to be normal.

I have since attacked the computer settings ( again ) to try to prevent the Ease of Access from being tripped....but...Microsoft .....don't know if it will hold.

My question is WHAT does the computer do to the game by locking the weapon firing keys in the on position that the game , obviously, doesn't always recover from ?

Can the game be shielded from the computer in these events?
Both of my computers are Windows 7 , this is the Desktop I am using right now.
I only use the New 8 & 10 versions for shop business, I do it...but I don't like it.
Edits are early morning bad typing
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

is it sticky keys ? when you press shift 5 times it will turn on "sticky keys"
To play Transcendence better, you might want to disable it completely:
How to turn off Sticky keys in Windows 7 and Windows Vista

In Windows 7 or Vista, click on Ease of Access Center. Then scroll down and click on the link ‘Make the keyboard easier to use’.

Finally, untick the box next to Turn on Sticky Keys and click OK. Sticky Keys is now disabled.

You can also disable the keyboard shortcut to prevent the Sticky Keys pop-up appearing when shift is pressed five times on the Set up Sticky keys options window by unticking the box next to 'Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times'.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

digdug wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:17 pm
is it sticky keys ? when you press shift 5 times it will turn on "sticky keys"
To play Transcendence better, you might want to disable it completely:
How to turn off Sticky keys in Windows 7 and Windows Vista

In Windows 7 or Vista, click on Ease of Access Center. Then scroll down and click on the link ‘Make the keyboard easier to use’.

Finally, untick the box next to Turn on Sticky Keys and click OK. Sticky Keys is now disabled.

You can also disable the keyboard shortcut to prevent the Sticky Keys pop-up appearing when shift is pressed five times on the Set up Sticky keys options window by unticking the box next to 'Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times'.
you led me to yet another, deeper screen...Windows used to be so simple to use....
But stations used to be easier to crack in Transcendence :)

Thanx.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yeah, sticky keys has long been an unpleasant feature of Windows. Not sure why they keep it around - I've yet to meet anyone who actually uses it.
Derakon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

JohnBWatson wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:12 am
Yeah, sticky keys has long been an unpleasant feature of Windows. Not sure why they keep it around - I've yet to meet anyone who actually uses it.
They're a vital accessibility feature for people with poor coordination, hand tremors, missing hands, etc. If you can only press one key at a time, you should still be able to use a computer.