action desc in scrAddAction query

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm trying to add "Emergency Armor Fix" to the Ship's Interior dockscreen with the option of either of the two action descs "No armor damage" or "No repair items in hold" just underneath it in the smaller letters.

Does the scrSetActionDesc code go in the label section or the code section after all the other scrAddAction stuff?

I can't find any examples anywhere. Has anyone done this in a mod? Can this be done without using a lambda? All my attempts just bring up the action label and no desc under it. Or won't it happen because the Ship's Interior dockscreen doesn't already have an action with a desc under it?

TIA.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I think it might be easier if you pasted the screen so they can see exactly what you got going on & then take it for Tinkering so they can get you an answer that you can actually use.
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
giantcabbage
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

They're two separate commands - you add the action with scrAddAction, then set the description e.g.:

Code: Select all

(scrAddAction gScreen 'actionTest -1 'Test 'T (dbgOutput "Boo"))
(scrSetActionDesc gScreen 'actionTest "This will print Boo to the debug console")
There are more examples in: RPGArmorDockScreens.xml and RPGDockScreens.xml
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Of course. So a block inside of <OnGlobalPaneInit> with both functions separate. Many thanks. Obvious with hindsight :oops:.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!