Asset Forge for Transcendence (WIP)

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Asset Forge is a recently released program for building models out of premade blocks.

Because it supports importing custom blocks, I could make a block pack consisting of ship and station components from TransArt, as well as some custom ones, all along with their textures. This would make building ships for the game incredibly fast and very easy for people new to 3D.

I've talked with the developer, and while it currently doesn't support rendering them at the correct projection and rotation count, the models can be exported to Blender and rendered with my pre-made rig.

Before I commit to making the block pack though, there's a couple of important things:

1. Is this something you would use?
2. Asset Forge costs $20 USD. Would you be willing to pay that much?
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I would most certainly consider it, since it sounds promising. If you do make a pack, can the blocks be edited afterwards or does that require opening copies in Blender or whatever?
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:37 am
I would most certainly consider it, since it sounds promising. If you do make a pack, can the blocks be edited afterwards or does that require opening copies in Blender or whatever?
They sure can. They'd be saved as .obj files, so of course you can edit them in any 3D program you like, but you can also assemble the blocks in Asset Forge and save them as a single .obj, which can then act as a pre-made block.

So, you could make a custom engine, hull, or whatever component and then re-use it however you like.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.