Multiverse open for uploading mods

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Thank you, it works now. Yes, it was the UNID that was causing trouble.

One thing I noticed, was that once uploaded, the icon image cannot be changed - even if the entry is deleted. For example, imageA.jpg is uploaded as the icon image, then the catalog entry is deleted and created again. Next time, imageB.jpg is uploaded instead, however the icon image remains as imageA.jpg
0xABCDEF
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: Was destroyed by a Phobos-class dreadnought in the Eridani system

george moromisato wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:12 pm
George: Check the pending submissions for the Multiverse. I'm reuploading Commonwealth Police and Playership Bones from Xelerus.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

What size is preferred for the icon image? Or does it scale up and down to best fit?
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

relanat wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:08 am
What size is preferred for the icon image? Or does it scale up and down to best fit?
Icon images are 200×150px.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks, Xephyr.

OK. I navigated to the Multiverse via the forum link. I was already logged in to the forum so the Multiverse page was also already signed in.
Clicked on the "Development" tab and got to 'RELANAT's Development Center'.
Strangely TBR and it's two libraries are shown there. Not sure why, should Renegade be there as well or shouldn't TBR show?
Clicked on "Create".
A "Create Catalog Entry" pop-up showed.
It was already on the 'Transcendence Adventure' tab which is what I wanted.
I entered the mod name, "Director's Cut" and the mod UNID, 0xD7891260.
Clicked "Create" and got the "You do not have..." message as seen in the attached image.

The wiki lists 0xD789 as my registered UNID but the screen shows no registered UNIDs.
0xD7891260 is the TranscendenceAdventure UNID for the mod.

Any ideas as to what is needed?
Attachments
MV Upload crop.jpg
MV Upload crop.jpg (93.19 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

OK. I found the problem. Right at the end of one of AP's posts in this topic it is explained that the UNID to enter into the window is the hexadecimal UNID without the '0x' prefix.

Couple more questions though.
What is the 'Resources' section for? In this mod the images are included in the tdb file.

The 'Description' section says "The description is displayed in Transcendence in the Mod Collection screen. Do not use any markup.' What is markup?

Is the 'Required libraries' section for libraries inside the mod, in this case the mod uses the Human Space library, or for additional libraries like the two used by TBR? And do these hex UNIDs also need the '0x' prefix to be omitted.

Same with the 'Body' section. What goes in there?

And what does 'View Height' do?

I assume the 'Cover Image' is meant to be the mod's cover image and it gets displayed somewhere on the Multiverse?

For info, screenshots have a standard size of 1280 x 720 and there is a section for a screenshot preview which is 189 x 106.

Separately, by the time I finished with the initial entries the Version number as displayed in the Development tab had increased to 5. Is that meant to happen? The mod is version="1", release="1". The 'Release' value stayed at 1.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

relanat wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:03 pm
Couple more questions though.
What is the 'Resources' section for? In this mod the images are included in the tdb file.

The 'Description' section says "The description is displayed in Transcendence in the Mod Collection screen. Do not use any markup.' What is markup?

Is the 'Required libraries' section for libraries inside the mod, in this case the mod uses the Human Space library, or for additional libraries like the two used by TBR? And do these hex UNIDs also need the '0x' prefix to be omitted.

Same with the 'Body' section. What goes in there?

And what does 'View Height' do?

I assume the 'Cover Image' is meant to be the mod's cover image and it gets displayed somewhere on the Multiverse?

For info, screenshots have a standard size of 1280 x 720 and there is a section for a screenshot preview which is 189 x 106.

Separately, by the time I finished with the initial entries the Version number as displayed in the Development tab had increased to 5. Is that meant to happen? The mod is version="1", release="1". The 'Release' value stayed at 1.
Resources: Used for soundtrack files

Description: This is displayed in-game in the mod collection screen. Markup refers to text formatting tags; eg. you can't include line breaks or other text modifiers in the body.

Required Libraries: Any libraries the extension requires to run. Example, the Renegade universe Library and Human Space Library; use this format, libraries are separated by commas: a0123099, 00100000

Body: This is text that shows up in the "About" section. Check out Reign in Hell's catalog page to see how this looks (not compatible with 1.8+, so be warned if you download it)

View Height: controls the number of vertical pixels displayed on the Cover Image, for the extension's page. Again referring to RiH's page, the view height is 700px to show the full text.

Cover Image: This is the background on the extension's page. The image shown on the catalog is the Icon Image.

Screenshots: Again, see RiH's page to see how this looks. I don't know what happens if you size the images incorrectly.

Version Numbers: This increases every time you make a modification under the Development tab.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Excellent info. So glad you're back. Thanks.

I couldn't access RiH's page, it's not in my catalog/collection. An "Unknown Catalog Entry" page with a "Security Alert. You're not authorized to access this page." message shows (with a Corporate cruiser heading straight at me!). Not being a beta-tester is causing this, I assume.

For clarification, the View Height is more or less a zoom function? If some part of the cover image, say the large orange text "Renegade" in the Ren page, was half covered by the "about/high scores/related" box you could alter the value to zoom in or out to show more or less of the text. And the assumption is that it zooms from the center of the image.
Or does it move the section of image visible up and down according to the value? I'd check this myself but the cover image I'm using is mostly black so it would be difficult to tell.

I had a look at the Osaka screenshots and previews. There are several different sizes and they all scale to best fit so the image size doesn't seem critical.
Thanks again. Once I've uploaded a couple of mods I'll put all this info into a smaller topic.