.Bat file text for compiling a .TDB ?

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Since we ( very grateful peons ) have access to the text for a .Bat file to use in decompiling, the many .TDB files..

I was hoping it was possible to use a .Bat file text for compiling......

Why?

Because my computers will not let me ( despite having "full control" of the system , which obviously doesn't mean anything these days ) use the prompt for the TransData (having that .Bat thing was Heaven for me) nor the TransCompiler .

And even with my Authoritarian history with my computers - I am almost sure I can't be the only one being thwarted by this obvious Xenophobe plot.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
0xABCDEF
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: Was destroyed by a Phobos-class dreadnought in the Eridani system

TransData is a command line utility, and any function that can be done in command line can also be automated using a Batch file. Here is the file that I use to compile Typehack.

Here is some information on what each line does.
1. Comment that says "Compiles: Typehack"
2. Set the current directory to the folder that contains TransCompiler.exe
3. Run TransCompiler.exe from the directory. The ^ means to carry over on to the next line.
4. Set TransCompiler.exe to take Typehack.xml as input. Specify the entire path of the file in quotes. The ^ means to carry over on to the next line.
5. Set TransCompiler to output a file called Typehack.tdb. Specify the entire path of the file in quotes.

Code: Select all

@rem Compiles: Typehack
cd C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Transcendence Multiverse
TransCompiler.exe^
	/input:"C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Transcendence Multiverse\Extensions\a013\[0030 - 003F] Typehack\Typehack.xml"^
	/output:"C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Transcendence Multiverse\Extensions\a013\[0030 - 003F] Typehack\Typehack.tdb"
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

0xABCDEF wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:44 am
TransData is a command line utility, and any function that can be done in command line can also be automated using a Batch file. Here is the file that I use to compile Typehack.

Here is some information on what each line does.
1. Comment that says "Compiles: Typehack"
2. Set the current directory to the folder that contains TransCompiler.exe
3. Run TransCompiler.exe from the directory. The ^ means to carry over on to the next line.
4. Set TransCompiler.exe to take Typehack.xml as input. Specify the entire path of the file in quotes. The ^ means to carry over on to the next line.
5. Set TransCompiler to output a file called Typehack.tdb. Specify the entire path of the file in quotes.

Code: Select all

@rem Compiles: Typehack
cd C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Transcendence Multiverse
TransCompiler.exe^
	/input:"C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Transcendence Multiverse\Extensions\a013\[0030 - 003F] Typehack\Typehack.xml"^
	/output:"C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Transcendence Multiverse\Extensions\a013\[0030 - 003F] Typehack\Typehack.tdb"
Thank you for giving this a go.

However, Not to be rude.....I am unclear on a few details
---you did not say if this is a command prompt or .Bat file usage ( because )
---I can't run TransData nor TransCompiler , the command prompt windows come up & close.
---Since the dawn of the Humans Space Map many of us have Multiple .xml pages involved in the project we have.
--Could your command possibly do the entire folder ?
--Corporate Command is an entire folder of .xml ( + resource folder )

relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

shanejfilomena wrote: ---I can't run TransData nor TransCompiler , the command prompt windows come up & close.
If you mean the black command line window appears for a fraction of a second before vanishing again, then I've found that something isn't right (file in the wrong place, wrong directory, code error, whatever) when this happens.

I think it's working but because something isn't right, it doesn't have to do anything so completes in a fraction of a second then stops.

If you post info on OS, folder and file names maybe someone can help with an answer. It sucks not being able to do command line stuff, even if it is a pain to use.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

relanat wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:52 am
shanejfilomena wrote: ---I can't run TransData nor TransCompiler , the command prompt windows come up & close.
If you mean the black command line window appears for a fraction of a second before vanishing again, then I've found that something isn't right (file in the wrong place, wrong directory, code error, whatever) when this happens.

I think it's working but because something isn't right, it doesn't have to do anything so completes in a fraction of a second then stops.

If you post info on OS, folder and file names maybe someone can help with an answer. It sucks not being able to do command line stuff, even if it is a pain to use.
Tried : TransCompiler & extension ; TeansCompiler , extension & trans .tdb ;
transData, transCompiler in a folder w/ Trans.exe & trans .Tdb + the extension.

Same results

Until the .Bat file text for the Decompiler was posted I could never use TransData on neither Xp nor Windows 7 .... I never understood why

anyway, if a .Bat file can't operate the TransCompiler then I 'll just forget about the entire experiment.

NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Are you trying to run them by opening them in Explorer? That doesn't work. You have to run them from the command line or via a .bat file or shortcut, so you can specify one or more arguments.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ok, so in other words, no real solution at this time.

it's cool.