invalid xml tag only in debug

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've been playing The Final Strike in 1.8b1 to see what happens and it works OK, except when you try to load Transcendence in debug mode.
Then you get the pictured error.

But it only happens in debug mode. Starting a normal game works fine and doesn't generate this error.

Anyone know if this is this a bug, or has something changed in the XML requirements. Changing the XML tag to <Attack7E> fixes it.

If something has changed in the requirements then it would seem that a normal game should also generate the error.

Exactly the same thing is happening with the Illegals Expanded mod as well. It has the XML tag <00182001_Donation>.

I checked back and 1.8a2 works fine, but 1.8a3 and 1.8a4a both generate the error, but once again only in debug mode.

invalid xml tag use.JPG
invalid xml tag use.JPG (44.27 KiB) Viewed 2333 times
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Someone pointed out that proper XML doesn't allow tags to start with numerals. But the game handles it, so it's only checked in debug mode.

00182001_Donation should be replaced with sisters.donation, or even more properly, Data id="sisters.donation".
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That's clever. So the game still works but modders know to change things to the new format. Very well thought out.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!