adding Benedict to other adventures query

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

With the trading computer lag fixed I'm working on updating the Network mod again.

I would like to add the Benedict missions to this adventure but can't find an easy way to do it.

Copying all the Benedict xml modules into the mod and adding the module filenames works but a simpler way would be nice. Especially as all the Heretic and Huaramarca missions need this done as well.

These files are defined (correct jargon?) in StarsOfThePilgrim.xml
I had the idea of extending the StarsOfThePilgrim adventure to get access to them but it doesn't work.

Code: Select all

extends="0x00200000"
Does anyone know if there is a simpler way of accessing these missions/files? Or does some other code stop them from appearing in other adventures?
This could also be used to add all the missions to the "A Greater Adventure" and "Director's Cut" adventures which also have all the standard SOTP systems in them.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If The Network is an adventure itself, probably extending another adventure doesn't work. If it's an extension, I would think that extending SotP would work, but might include things you don't want or prevent you from creating the topology you want. (I don't know much about that.) I'm not sure if extensions and adventures can inherit, but you could try it. If it's an adventure, I think including this in the adventure type should work:

<Module filename="Benedict00.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict01.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict02.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict03.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict04.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict05.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict05A.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict06.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict07.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict08.xml"/>
	<Module filename="BenedictStoryArc.xml"/>
Also, note that they're only available from Sisters stations in the starting system.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The Network is indeed a separate adventure. I can't make adding the module filenames work. It looks like the game is always trying to find the modules in the Network folder even though they are available in the game. The adventure uses the Human Space Library but can't find anything in StarsOfThePilgrim.xml.

I suspect all the mission files would need to be in a separate library to be accessed by another adventure.
Oh, well. I'll just copy the whole lot into the Network mod. That works, it's just a less desirable way of doing it IMO.

I'll probably end up adding the A Greater Adventure mod as an extension anyway as all it does is insert extra systems between standard SOTP systems. (or maybe it's the Director's Cut mod, one of the two anyway).
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Would creating a library containing the .xml files, as modules, needed for the Benedict missions work? I've tried this based on the Compatibility library:

<!DOCTYPE TranscendenceLibrary
	[	
	<!ENTITY unidD789SOTPMissionsLibrary	"0xD789FEDC">
	]>

<TranscendenceLibrary
		UNID=				"&unidD789SOTPMissionsLibrary;"
		name=			"SOTP Missions Compatibility Library"
		release=			"1"
		inherit=			"0x00200000"
	NOTE: also tried extends=
		>

;Missions from 1.8b4.
	<Module filename="Benedict00.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict01.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict02.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict03.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict04.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict05.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict05A.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict06.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict07.xml"/>
	<Module filename="Benedict08.xml"/>
	<Module filename="BenedictStoryArc.xml"/>
</TranscendenceLibrary>
This gives a "Unable to open file: ......Benedict00.xml" error.

But it's highly likely that I've got code wrong somewhere or put the library in the wrong place. Could this ever work? It seems like everything gets loaded when the game starts so this info might be available if it can be accessed in the right way.