Back to Basics

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
KaoS
Miner
Miner

:evil: bad forum :evil: this dirty jerk just lost my post cause my login had timed out :cry:

moving on...

my hopes and dreams are being crushed by uncooperative solar devices. i tried starting with one solar panel. 4 solar panels. solar panels in cargo so they could be installed by a station. solar armor. (doesn't exist any more, lol) 4 Heavy Solar Armor. In all cases, all devices off, power usage showing very low, sitting on the sun, autopilot engaged... no fuel gained.
oRDeRoFKaoS.xml
Test Extension - NOT FINAL
(492 Bytes) Downloaded 156 times
TaylordYacht.xml
Test Module - NOT FINAL
(3.57 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You are not alone in losing posts from timing out. Very frustrating. I now usually select all of the text and copy it to the clipboard just before I submit a post. Just in case.

And as you have found, solar items no longer give free fuel. They only supply power to the ship to stop it consuming fuel. The blue part of the reactor display is the amount of free power and the yellow part is the amount of power coming from ship fuel. All blue means free power and you aren't using any fuel. All yellow and you are too far from the star to get any free power. The blue only shows if you have a solar device of some sort installed.
You could get the older solar panel code from a previous game version and include that in your mod as a custom item. I can't remember which version changed the solar items but the code will be slightly different. I was planning on releasing the old solar panel as a mod in case players still wanted to use it but wasn't going to do this until a stable release of 1.8. I've attached a mod which does this but I haven't tested it so be wary. Game changes may make it buggy.

You could do the same with the old solar armor.

Hope that helps.
Attachments
Original Solar Panel.xml
(1.01 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
KaoS
Miner
Miner

Thanks very much, rel. That helps quite a lot =D