1.7a1a Issues that can be fixed in XML

Discussions on patches, enhancements, and other engine changes.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

There seems to be a mix of ship and station attributes that use either commonMilitary or commonwealthMilitary.

I'm not sure if one replaced the other at some stage or if they're different.

StdTypes.xml has a list of station attributes that shows commonMilitary not commonwealthMilitary.

Similar thing with commonFleet and commonwealthFleet.

I don't know enough to know if this is a problem. Just letting everyone know.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Weapon and shield enhancers should pull up dockscreens allowing the player to choose which weapon should be enhanced:

https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=55029
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

In RPGArmorDockScreens.xml.

In the DockScreen UNID="&dsRPGManageMiscDevices;". Line 378

In the <ListOptions section a whole heap of tlisp is purple/blue not black (using NPP+ with normal highlighting).

Same with DockScreen UNID="&dsRPGManageWeapons;" further down. Line 787

Once again I don't know enough to know if it's a problem just pointing it out.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That's because it's an attribute of an element (inside an element tag), rather than an element (between opening and closing tags). It might be bad style, but it's not wrong.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

That does remind me, though:

Code: Select all

<StargateTable>
				<Group chance="50">
					<Stargate from="A3:Outbound" to="A3A:Inbound"/>
					<Stargate from="A3A:Outbound" to="PJ:Inbound"/>
				</Group>
				<Stargate chance="50" from="A3:Outbound" to="PJ:Inbound"/>
			</StargateTable>
 Change to:

Code: Select all

<StargateTable>
				<Group chance="50">
					<Stargate from="A3:Outbound" to="A3A:Inbound"/>
					<Stargate from="A3A:Outbound" to="PJ:Inbound"/>
				</Group>
				<Stargate chance="50" from="A3A:Outbound" to="PJ:Inbound"/>
			</StargateTable>
 That will fix the topology so that vanilla/EP crossovers will be able to finish the Luminous arc instead of having a three system chain disconnected and inaccessible from the main gateline.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I don't see any difference.

Also, I don't think it makes sense plot- or timeline-wise to be able to do Luminous and Heretic in the same game, but if you wanted to, couldn't the adventure/extension include the necessary links?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The stargate outside the <Group> section is A3 in the original code, A3A in the adjusted code.

TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Uses of Water Ice. Like in COOLDOWNS. Say you have fired an Ares turret. Now you may consume water ice to make it fire again. If you don't have Water Ice, then wait for cooldown.

Or thrusters have a superspeed mode that requires Water ice to cooldown. Or else, damage to hull.

And somebody fix/remove XMH armour.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

TheLoneWolf wrote:Uses of Water Ice. Like in COOLDOWNS. Say you have fired an Ares turret. Now you may consume water ice to make it fire again. If you don't have Water Ice, then wait for cooldown.

Or thrusters have a superspeed mode that requires Water ice to cooldown. Or else, damage to hull.

And somebody fix/remove XMH armour.
This is really for bugfixes, rather than for new stuff.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

gunship256 wrote:Weapon and shield enhancers should pull up dockscreens allowing the player to choose which weapon should be enhanced:

https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=55029
Here's a mod with the proposed changes as well as a few other modifications:

https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7698
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Domina Restore: bug and armor repair inconsistency

If the player invokes Restore while the ship's shield is disabled, the shield isn't properly charged. EDIT: In this situation, Domina should repair armor instead.

Stations and repair kits can repair armor segments at 0 hp (1.7 alpha), but Restore can't. Restore should be able to repair armor regardless of its damage level.

It would also be nice if the player could choose from a dockscreen whether to let Domina restore armor or shields. Currently, Domina only repairs armor if a shield isn't installed. Since armor is tougher than shields, the current Domina functionality biases the player toward playing without a shield installed.

Here's the ministry ticket:

https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=55596

Here's a mod with the proposed changes:

https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic. ... 09&p=69573
Last edited by gunship256 on Sat May 07, 2016 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

gunship256 wrote:Weapon and shield enhancers should pull up dockscreens allowing the player to choose which weapon should be enhanced:
gunship256 wrote:It would also be nice if the player could choose from a dockscreen whether to let Domina restore armor or shields.
 Those would be content changes (albeit minor ones), not fixes. On the other hand, just having Domina not try to recharge a disabled shield could be argued to be a fix — I can’t see how that would be considered to be desired behavior. Domina does need be able to repair armor below 25%, though, if stations can do it now.

gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

AssumedPseudonym wrote:On the other hand, just having Domina not try to recharge a disabled shield could be argued to be a fix — I can’t see how that would be considered to be desired behavior.
Restore currently doesn't recharge disabled shields. I'm suggesting as a fix that Restore first enable the shield automatically without the player's needing to use the 'B' key, then recharge it. Sorry - I think my wording was unclear. I'll fix it on the Ministry post.

The mod that I linked to does automatically enable shields before recharging them.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Domina shouldn’t try to recharge a disabled shield, I mean. If your shield is disabled, She should just go straight to patching up your armor, instead. (If the shield is disabled, odds are that either it was done deliberately, it was drawing too much power for the reactor, or you have meteorsteel armor — none of which are situations where it would make sense to enable and recharge it since you would either just want to disable it again or it would get automatically disabled again on its own.) I could have been clearer on that, myself.