Who is Stoked about Fallout: New Vegas?!?!

A subforum to talk about gaming, new blockbusters and cool indie games.
BlakeG228
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Already got it pre ordered. I can't wait. I am a big fan of Fallout 1 & 2 that came out in the mid 90's. Really good post-apocalyptic RPG game. You should definitely try those out if you haven't already. Black Isle Studios made the first 2 games and were disbanded shortly after. Obsidian Entertainment mad New Vegas and alot of the guys are the original people that worked for Black Isle Studios and made the original Fallout games 1&2, including Obsidians CEO Feargus Urquhart. He was the project leader on FallOut 1 & 2 and Fallout Tactics. The rights to the game were sold out from under them by their parent company Interplay. They said in an interview that it was like getting their baby back when they were told they was going to get to make New Vegas. Bethesda, which made 2008's Fallout 3, are over the project. But Obsidian has total freedom with the game. They will however be using the same gameplay & graphics engine that Bethesda used for Fallout 3. Nevertheless, this game will be Kickass!!

Release date is Oct. 19th in the U.S.A. & Oct. 22nd in Europe. Most other places is the 22nd also I think.

Here is a link to some gameplay from E3 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wF4Yo-F ... re=related
All Saints Have a Past & All Sinners Have A Future...
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Looks to be good! I'm just hoping it's not too similar to Fallout 3, by which I mean, Fallout 3 just in a different place.
Khazers
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi, I am also crazy for Obsidian Entertainment and do you know here in Australia I just buy new Tv unit for this!
Wonderful range of entertainment units online https://www.clicknbuyaustralia.com/entertainment-units/ for Australia @ Wholesale prices.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

that's nice to know, and it's nice that you are using a section of the forums that doesn't see much use, lately.
Fallout 3 and New Vegas are on my list of games to play (didn't buy them yet from Steam due to the overwhelming amount of reports that they don't work properly on Win7-10)

However! You just necroed a 7 years old thread. So I'm going to close this, and if you want to talk more about Fallout, please make a new thread :)