Roleplay: The Forum, The Castle and The Players

A subforum to talk about gaming, new blockbusters and cool indie games.
Terra
Anarchist
Anarchist
Location: STUCK! Get me out of this damn ship! I'm claustrophobic!

A text roleplaying game for all of you to relax. Nothing here is meant ot insult or offend anyone, it's just a plot element and such. Some rules also exist, no god modding (i.e. no being invincible and super-dodging everything), detailed posts, for example...
The knight staggers as the orc hits him with it's crude hammer, the armor slightly scratched and dented. Then he shouts. "In the name of the king!" before brandishing his two-handed longsword and attacking the orc.
The above written example is good, now the next one is bad.
The knight dodges and yells while using his sword to kill the orc.
Hopefully that's enough. More rules to be added if it's necessary. Now, on to the game.

/---~---~---\
|Game Start|
\---~---~---/

The forum is a strange place, an realm that partially mimics the text message boards of the internet and at the same time an mix of fantasy and sci-fi environments. An simple medieval knight could wield an sword and sometimes a bazooka. The randomness of the forum is well documented and expected, just because it gives great entertainment to anyone visiting the realm.

In an undisclosed part of the world, in an unknown location, in an unknown castle surrounded by desert dunes, forests and snow wastelands something stirs.

The lithe shape stirs, the cold air of the abandoned castle and the eerie silence waking it up. Two dark brown eyes snap open and Terra sits up. He was dressed in blue jeans and a red t-shirt. He had light brown hair and an unremarkable face.

"Where am I?" Terra gets up while looking around. He was in a long corridor filled with dust up to the ankles. He takes a breath and immediately an reaction occurs.

"ACHOO!" the sneeze brought up an dust cloud and results in an ten minute long session of coughing and sneezing. After finally being able to breathe normally Terra inspects himself and finds an wrist watch like thing on his right arm. An attempt in pulling it of resulted in an electric shock and Terra was left twitching on the floor as the electricity ran through his nervous system disrupting everything.
bluesaberist
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

"That cell sir," said the alien.

Mark looked down though the clear panel as he tried to keep himself acting the part of a cold blooded killer looking for a subject to experiment on.

The alien went on, "It just came out of sleep, and doesn't know where it is."

Seeing his chance, Mark coolly pulled his pistol on the alien. "First, tell me his name, then, release him to me."

The alien whimpered, looked around the deserted hallway, then quietly said, "IT's DESIGNATION is Terra. Put the gun away and I'll let him go for 150 credits."

Shooting the alien, Mark pushed the release button on the cell, and called in: "Terra! This way. I'm going to get you out of here!"

Ok, anybody else can take over Mark, I just felt like writing this once.
If you drop a bar of soap on the ground, is it dirty?
If a person is legally blind, and can suddenly see, is he breaking the law?
If a friend says he's going outside to get some air, what was he breathing before?
-Brad Stein
Terra
Anarchist
Anarchist
Location: STUCK! Get me out of this damn ship! I'm claustrophobic!

OOC (Out Of Context/Roleplay/Game): Uh-huh? No way, it is your character...

IC (Opposite Of OOC):

Finally the damn electric shock the wrist thing released stopped coursing through his system. Terra got up, still a little weak. But strong enough to hear Mark.

"I'm coming, I' am coming... ACHOOO!" another cloud of dust blossomed, but Terra quickly ran through to the exit where Mark was.

"You would have a napkin would you?" Terra asked, his nose already red from the irritation. "I'm slightly allergic..." to prove the point, Terra sneezed again. With less dust near by, everything went by normally. We'll, with the exception of a twinkle of red light on the opposite side of the corridor from Mark and Terra.

In a flash of bright light the twinkles ceased and in their stead stood an tall an ugly humanoid in ripped up pants that seemed to be held together through hardened leather and metallic patches with bolts and such. Two light bulbs were sticking out of the humanoids ears.

"n00b s3e usRs. n0Ob sqU!s|-|! (Noob see users, Noob squish!)" the voice hurt the ears somehow as the grammar was mangled in the mouth of the so called noob. The it thunderously roared and charged.

"Aw, hell no..." Terra said, his face meek.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Suddenly, a portly man ran twoards the noob, brandishing a large gold laser blaster which seemed to be built into his hand. He pulled back a lever, and a bolt of silver energy flew from it, striking the noob in the face.

"waah, yt0u |-|it m33, 1 g0a t3lls miy m0mmy!"(Waah, you hit me, I go tell my mommy!) it said, and ran off. "Hello! My name is Schilcote" the man said. "I'm the emperor of the Stephinian Empire." Schilcote folded his weapon into his arm, which was replaced by a hand, then shook hands with Mark and Terra, who introduced themselves as well.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Suddenly a loud explosion shakes the whole place. then a man run trough a door at one end of the corridor and shouting "Run!!! Follow me!!!" then terra and schilcote follows him. schilcote says: "What happen?" the man says "An alien invasion at the castle wall!! Who is he?" the man points Terra. The emperor says "he's terra, he dont know why he's here. he says he wake up there with that wrist machine on his hand. oh and terra, this is Dalva, the army general and spaceship captain of Stephinian Empire"

Then they see a big door in front of him. the door opens and revealing a gigantic spaceship. Technicians run around, some of them greets the emperor and the general. Dalva says "Terra, follow me! schilcote, go to royal chamber before thoose aliens kill you" then terra and Dalva run inside the spaceship getting in an elevator.

At the 15th floor, the elevator door opens and the main bridge of the spacehip shows up. The bridge is illuminated red by the alarm and the alarm sound itself is heared at the whole spaceship. all the commander at the bridge then stand up, respecting Dalva, then after Dalva sit down on his chair everybody gets back to their own business. "we will take off soon" Dalva say to Terra.
Last edited by Dalva on Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Meanwhile, in the Royal Chamber, Schilcote watched the Big Screen. The Big Screen showed all the ships within five hundred lighyears of Stephinia.

Schilcote said: "Ready my imperial cruiser! I will follow my friends in the Big Spaceship! And get the robots and their instruments!" Schilcote entered the imperial cruiser, which looked like a green chevy pickup. He was followed by seven small robots, Waldo, Whiz, Sensa, Auda, Iris, Poet, and Fred. Waldo was the most notable, having sixteen arms.

The Imperial Cruiser fired its scramjets, and prepared to exit the atmosphere...
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Then in the bridge, Dalva use the Radio and say: "This is Flagship Supernova to Imperial Cruiser, please return to the castle ASAP, we dont want thoose aliens capture our tachnologies" then the whole hangar vibrates while the Flagship's engine are in full throttle.

when the ship reach an altitude of 1km it fires its gigantic plasma beam, vaporizing anything it touches. then the aliens shoot back with Ion cannons and rifles with no effect because of the ship's Plasma Shields.

OOC:
((hey we can make a cool movie, or at least novel with combining this stories :D ))
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Schilcote switched on the Imperial Cruiser's ComLink. "No way, I've got to find the Amp of Justice, so we can get these aliens out of here." The ship stirred, and then the stardrive kicked in. Schilcote nearly rammed into an alien ship, the ship's computer manuvering out of the way just in time. The ships computer said: "Artifact Amp of Justice, last known location, Mos Eisly Cantina, Star Wars universe." "Switch on the Icarus Device!" Schilcote said. The ship whirred, and then a huge wormhole appeared in front of it. The Imperial Cruiser sped through the wormhole, automatically turning on its S.P.A.A.D communicator.
Last edited by schilcote on Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Then Dalva Reply "roger that, i'm going after you" then he use the other ComLink, that will broadcasted to all Stephinian Starship and say "all personell, defend the castle at all cost. dot stop unless you are dead or said to do so. and attention to all Aleph-Class Destroyers, you will follow my jorney with the king to find the Amp of Justice. we will leave this system at 1700 local time"

A big door at the flagship's outer armor opens. then 4 Aleph destroyers , A-401, A-403, A-406 and A-409 docked inside with the flagship and the flagship activates it Icarus Device. after closing it's door the ship accelerates to the center of the wormhole, which teleports the ship to Mos Eisly Cantina at full speed, suddenly crashing to the Imperial Cruiser's Fuel Storage, blowing it. but because of the Imperial Cruiser's 10 foot thick armor surrounding the fuel storage, it stays intact. the Imperial Cruiser only lost all of its fuel, with no casualties.

OOC:

(( what's the meaning of :"Mos Eisly Cantina, Star Wars" ? maybe you should delete the Star Wars... it feels kinda.. strange... Star Wars Galaxy? just say it as i say it: NGC-1053B ))
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

OOC: I changed it to Star Wars unverse. The Icarus device is a wormhole generator which can, in this story, instantly gate you to any book, TV show, movie, or any other type of fiction in existence. The S.P.A.A.D is a multiuniversial FTL communications device.

"Yodvark!" Schilcote exclaimed, hearing the explosion. The ship suddenly coughed, sputtered, and stopped moving. "Whiz, plug in to the master computer, find out what happened. Waldo, prepare for further orders." "Something blew our fuel tank." Whiz said. "Waldo, switch to auxiliary power, then get your drum set and keyboard and bass, then wait for autorepair to fix fuel tank. Whiz, plug in to library computer, get us some good stuff. Auda, get my guitar."

Waldo went off on his tasks, and so did Auda. Schilcote set the dial on his speech synthesizer to "Ian Gillan". Auda returned with Schilcote's guitar, and Waldo returned with his instruments. Schilcote took the output cable from Whiz and plugged it in to his head. He took his guitar, and plugged it in to Auda. Waldo did the same with his instruments. Schilcote started playing the guitar, and Waldo started hitting the drums. Schilcote sang, in the voice of Ian Gillan:
Well, we had a lot of luck on Venus, we allwas had a ball on Mars. We're meeting all to groovy pepole, we've rocked the Milky Way so far. We've danced around the Borealis, we're space truckin' round the stars.
He contined like that for the whole song, and by the time he was done, the fuel tank was full. Schilcote set his speech synthesizer back to his own voice, then said: "Waldo, switch us back to main power. Computer, how far away are we from our destination?" "The Mos Eisly Cantina is exactly five moments away at ion speed." the computer said. "Good. Take us there." They waited during the 450 second journey, and talked about politics.
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

OOC:
(( ok, if u use the Star Wars Technologies i will use Star Trek :P ))

Dalva Variano listens to the Comlink that is still active and listens to the schilcote's song. then, after turning off the ComLink he say to terra "listen to that man, sometimes at bad situations like this he always sing like crazy" then he turn his body to the left and using LCARS to activate the Bussard Ramscoop and send a refilling hose to Imperial Cruiser and a mini ships sending armor plates and wielding tools. Because of Schilcote is singing, no one is dare enough to disturb him bringing the news that the Starship Supernova is hitting them and now sending He3 Fuels. that what makes the Imperial Cruiser regain fuel.

"now follow the Imperial Cruiser" dalva says. then a sector scanner shows some enemies moving fast. then Dalva reacts "undock all Aleph Destroyers now!" then he clicks Red Alert Button on his side-panel.

Then the enemy begins to attack. Dalva says "Photon launchers, aim at direction 256 elevation -27." then a man says "ready sir" "SHOOT" then a photon torpedo exits the ship and explodes, destroying 2 of the enemy ship. the battle continues with rays of phasers and Ion cannon bullets.

an hour later the battle stops. "good work. all enemy ships are destroyed. you, casualty and damage reports!" a man responds "we lost 16 person because of ero pressure rooms and 1 person because oh heart attack and--" before the man finish talking Dalva laugh and say "heart attack? how old is he? 70? how can he get into my ship?" the man says "he's 75. he's a civillian. he get in by cargo doors. and damage reports... um... we have one exploded room, and we lost one phaser bank" Dalva says "ok repair everything you can, and lets continue our journey"
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

OOC: Actually, the fuel tanks were filled because Schilcote was playing his guitar. I suppose I should PM you an outline of how Stephinian technology works. I'll write that up right now and send it to you.
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Stephinian technology overview

schilcote's pm to me:

Stephinian technology runs on the power of music. Nobody knows how this works yet. Stephinians store power in what are called Plasma Capacitors, which are just a magnetically charged cylinder full of musical energy stored as heat in a mercury-like substance called Mercuric Meoravia. Musical energy is measured in Rush, which is the amount of power generated by 1,000 humans at a Rush concert with music averaging at 100 decibels. Musical energy can also be measured in amps and volts. Stephinian ships are fitted with enormous plasma capacitors as fuel tanks, and sometimes with musical reactors, which generate energy as well as store it. Music, more specifically rock music, is a plentiful renewable resource on Stephinia, the homeworld of the Stephinians.

The S.P.A.A.D. (pronounced spade) Communicator is a Stephinian invention which allows communication between any two points in any dimension. It works on the principle of Spooky Action At A Distance. A series of quantum linked particles are held within a microchip. These particles are linked with other particles in other chips, and their spin is modified to represent ones and zeroes. The communications speed of a S.P.A.A.D chip is dependent on the number of particles in the chip. The data arrives at its destination immediately, but each bit takes a number of picoseconds to be transmitted. The transmission speed of S.P.A.A.D chips varies from 10,000 Baud to almost eleven trillion baud.

The Icarus device is a high power wormhole generator which stores an enormous amount of power in a plasma capacitor, then discharges it in a very short amount of time. This energy opens and expands a wormhole, which is aimed through multitemporal electromagnetic forces.

OOC:
(( pretty deep explanations eh? you got this from star trek or making it yourself? ))
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Made it all up myself. Of course, the Icarus device is based on pretty solid fact, but there isn't enough energy in the world to make it really work. But the Stephinians get more power from a single song than a hundred nuclear reactors would produce in a hundred years, so they can use it.
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

ooc:
(( just for note, i have no internet connection for approximately one month from this reply so i cant post another stories ))