Good free games

A subforum to talk about gaming, new blockbusters and cool indie games.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

One of the best simple games ever. 3D pong, also known as CurveBall!

I can not get past level 8!

http://www.newsandentertainment.com/curveball.swf
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

It would help if you got a ball back for a certain score level or for clearing a level. x_x
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Oolite is basically a free, opensource version of Elite, with a few updates. Works on pretty much every platform, and is apparently fairly easy to mod (although I haven't tried yet). Docking manually is (slightly) easier than in the original classic 80's Elite, but will still probably kill most people a few times. Supposedly gets updated every so often, I haven't checked. I haven't had it for very long....but it's great fun. I've already got my top 3 kills list:

1: Taking out 1 nasty with missiles, 2 with guns, then getting jumped by a 4th while lining up on the third.....ejecting, and then seeing my dying spacecraft HIT AND DESTROY the third ship. Totally worth the lost cargo.

2. Firing a missile at a fleeing light fighter, which then started to outpace the missile. Fired a single laser shot, hitting the cockpit. The fighter turned to engage....BOOM, missile hits. Light fighter evaporates (total overkill....got a 15 credit bounty for killing it with a 350 credit hardened missile)

3. Accidentally ramming and killing a medium fighter after the pilot ejected, turning around with next to no shield to get loot....accidentally bounced the escape pod off my hull, then collected it (again, by accident), and sold the guy to the police for an extra bounty.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Gen.Marko
Anarchist
Anarchist

Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Well if its the best, I must check it out.