Good free games

A subforum to talk about gaming, new blockbusters and cool indie games.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That's nine single link posts in half an hour on a single thread. And they're all to the same domain.

Learn proper forum ettiquette.
panzer
Miner
Miner

Final frontier trader:
http://fftrader.sourceforge.net/
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

We were asked what our favorite games were / are. I shall list mine below, though I unfortunately do not have weblinks to give you for them as yet:

1. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
2. Star Wars Battlefront II
3. Star Wars Empire At Wars & EAW: Forces of Corruption (Gold Pack)
4. Transcendence
5. Rise of Nations
6. Hide and Secret (an "I Spy" sort of a game"
7. Age of Emipres, AOE Rise of Rome, AOE II, AOE II Expansion
8. Wolfenstein
9. Capitalism II
10. Midtown Madness 1 & 2
11. Jurassic Park Demo (came with the Windows 98 cd-rom)
12. Mario Bros South Park
13. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast Demo
14. Star Wars: Dark Forces Demo
15. Red Baron
16. The Legend of Zelda

These are my favorites, which as you can see, make up quite an extensive list. :twisted:
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Lots of those aren't free so you're kinda off topic, but you aren't linking to warez sites so I'll forgive you. Besides the forum is so lifeless OT is an improvement.

Why do you list AOE and AOK together? They're very different games. The second era balance is completely different and the AoK tech tree only uses single prerequisites while the AoE tree uses double prerequisites for all the final unit upgrades. The range gap is a big deal as well. AoK archers are shorter ranged relative to movement speeds, siege, and towers.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Well Artalost, I'll tell you. I first played the Age of Empires from a Windows 98 SE installation cd. The game had absolutely no instructions, so I was literally on my own. Years later, I purchased the Age of Empires Gold Pack, and discovered the joy of the Age of Kings, and The Conquerers Expansion.
To me, dispite their differences, the Age of Kings is an extension of the Age of Empires; thus I listed them in the order of the series. Note: I said to me; others' views may be different, but that's okay because we are all unique, as are our taste in games. In speaking of the differences between the Age of Kings and the Age of Empires, I do wish that they had left the priest's range the same (10, 10+3, 10+6); instead the priests are limited to (9, 9+3). There is one other thing though. Priests were warriors as well both in ancient and modern times; in light of this, Microsoft should have allowed the priests to use the powers of the gods they served. Instead they relegated that feature to the Age of Mythology. Which is also one of my favorite games.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

One of the hardest games I ever played has got to be Europa Universalis. Such an excellent game, but oh so hard. The atmosphere in it still makes me want to play it.

And then there is Age of Wonders of course. One of the most enjoyable multiplayer strategy games I have tried. The first version was splendid, the second one I havent tried I think

.]
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Darth Saber wrote:the Age of Kings is an extension of the Age of Empires;
No it's not. It's a sequel. AoK does not require or include AoE therefore they are seperate games.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Well, since Atarlost went off topic so will I :D

1. Final Fantasy (all of them, even Tactics)
2. Masters of Orion 3
3. Neverwinter Nights
4. Galactic Civilizations: Dread Lords
5. Diablo (I & II, hopefully III if I can run it)
6. Star Wars KOTOR
7. Command and Conquer series (Generals is my fav)

I like most 'Tycoon' games although they have low replayability.
RPGs and Turn-Based/Real-Time Strategy are my favourite genres. I play just about any game that fits into either of those.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
panzer
Miner
Miner

panzer
Miner
Miner