eve online - interesing game

A subforum to talk about gaming, new blockbusters and cool indie games.
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

try this game at - - http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp.
and if you are interesed, send me pm with e-mail, this allow you to play 21 day trial, instead of only 14 day.
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com
Wurmish
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Fun and all I've heard, I know a few people who play it, and to a couple of them, they said if you want to get anywhere, it's a second life.

If I had the money and time... I wish.

And the difficulty curve is supposedly horrendous. One of those dealies where the curve turns into and overhanging cliff that you fall off and die from...

But it just looks so FUN...
My first mod, mostly done, still balance testing.
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=789
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I dont think it have learning clif or difficulty clif, you just need to be patient. For PVP you will simply spend first cca 6 months of training/build up. Reson is simple - to skilled players in danger zones for rookies. You cant expect to beat another playars early from stars, from this it is different from another MMO games.
Stll, in safe zones you still have enough fun. And if main quest is to difficult for you, you can postpone it, until you feel ready to advance and/or ask for help. And final boss is realy though.
For cash - i dont think it is game-braker, in most jobs/countries you can earn this cas in day or less. So, you can as yourseklf - is one day of my work worth or 30 day fun ?
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Czert, some people can barely afford food and rent. Some here can probably barely afford food, rent, and internet. Some are on the wrong side of a currency exchange. Some don't have enough free time for an MMO to be worth the price.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Atarlost wrote:Czert, some people can barely afford food and rent. Some here can probably barely afford food, rent, and internet. Some are on the wrong side of a currency exchange. Some don't have enough free time for an MMO to be worth the price.
Indeed. That would have to be one heck of a game for it to be worth even a tiny ongoing fee.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Wraithwynd
Miner
Miner

Days, weeks, months to train one (only one no matter how many characters you have) is not fun.

I tried it for a few months.

Yes the graphics are great, the basic notion is great, in practice its only for hard core gamers who like to dedicated months (possibly years) to reaching some goal.

You can mine, mine for a month every day several hours and turn a profit... I have a job, thanks but no thanks. :roll:
Vizth
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I've pumped 5 years into the game, and i still get slaughtered on a regular basis.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I played ROSE online for a while, and to my understanding, they run on the same engine, right?
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Vizth
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

LOL, no where near the same engine, pretty sure Eve's is built from the ground up in python.