Unofficial Diablo III Thread

A subforum to talk about gaming, new blockbusters and cool indie games.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So, who's getting excited for Diablo III?

Just wondering how many fans of the series are on this forum?

I for one am eagerly anticipating D3, especially some decent graphics, the Havok engine and the cool-looking Monk class.

Also, the promise of more randomness, better crafting and on-the-go HP pickups is getting me all ready to smash some demon heads!

Edit:
Oh. I recently picked up this trick for users of Diablo II (not sure if it works for expansion). Make a shortcut from Diablo2.exe to the desktop; right click the shortcut and click Properties. In the "Target" box, after the last quotation (") mark, type [-w] (without the square braces).
It will now run in windowed mode, and the graphics won't look so horrendously pixellated!
ElectricViking
Anarchist
Anarchist

Oh dear...Diablo 3. Honestly, I'm scared. I dumped a disgusting amount of hours into D2. It was the most utterly addicted I'd ever been to a game. It was a good thing my computer eventually crashed, because at some point I had lost the D2 disk and couldn't reinstall it. I figured it was a good thing so I never again bought a copy.

Anyway, Diablo 3 will be amazing. It sounds to me like Blizzard is keeping to their roots on this one, which I am thankful for. If I wanted to play World of Warcraft, I'd play World of Warcraft.

But yeah, we should totally slay some demons when it comes out!
Buy the ticket, take the ride. - Hunter S. Thompson
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

ElectricViking wrote:It was the most utterly addicted I'd ever been to a game.
>.> Same for me. Only problem is I never got past Act 2, because I kept changing classes halfway through the game. :(
But yeah, we should totally slay some demons when it comes out!
Huzzah! I'm totally going to be a monk. That just looks like an awesome class! :D

Or maybe the witchdocter....or perhaps the barbarian....no definitely the monk...ooh but what about the demon hunter??? Argh! Too much choice! :P
ElectricViking
Anarchist
Anarchist

HA! I have the same problem with the class switching. I want to do everything all at once. I rush through building a character just to be able to build the next.

I think I am going to go monk right off the bat though, he looks to be the most bad ass character ever created.
Buy the ticket, take the ride. - Hunter S. Thompson
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Freedroid RPG is supposed to be a lot like Diablo/Ultima/Fallout. Might want to take a look at it if you're into that sort of thing.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

ElectricViking wrote:I think I am going to go monk right off the bat though, he looks to be the most bad ass character ever created.
I thought so. Everyone seems to be going for that guy, which means, of course that Blizzard will instantly nerf him with the first patch. xD