Dwarf Fortress (Tombsink Succession Game)

A subforum to talk about gaming, new blockbusters and cool indie games.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sorry. I said "it probably won't be fatal that we can't drain the cistern".....otherwise (with a working drain point) you could have drained the cistern into the cave and flushed the beast down (which interestingly....is what I was gonna use the cistern for had I finished it! :P

Ok, new rule: NO TEMPTING FATE.

Twir, It's your turn.....if Tombsink fails, we can try a reclaim, so no pressure. That said, I will hunt you down and beat you within an inch of your life if the fortress doesn't survive and its death is not EPIC.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Soo... what do we do if Twir doesn't show?
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Twir
Closed Account
Closed Account

schilcote wrote:Soo... what do we do if Twir doesn't show?
I am showing, just that i want my turn to be completely in the dark, as everything is falling apart as i play
EDIT: well, most of them refuse to drink water, so the fort is preety much beyond my control
EDIT2:should i watch the fort die or just forfeit my turn?
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Next time Schilcote should start. Experienced players make all the difference and he's probably the only person here who understands the new squad system.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I understand the zerg-rush way of using them...but not much else.

Twir, it's up to you...you can either write an apocalyptic log, cursing the names of Rith and Schilcote...or upload the save and we can try and find people wanting to save the fort. No pressure either way.....Tomsink at this stage is basically dead, and since making things worse is basically impossible (yes, I'm tempting fate)..it's like CPR.

Either way, it's good. Losing is Fun! We've been basically wiped out by a forgotten beast in YEAR TWO (well, technically three, but it set up shop in year 2). How awesome is THAT?

(One thing you might want to try: Get some supplies into the hospital, although with any dwarves who will drink water. Then SEAL IT AND THE CISTERN OFF. There's a lever inside the hospital that should do it...that might let you outlast the tantrum spiral that is pretty much inevitable at this stage.....you might also be able to dig under the brook-valley and set up new farms there if you can get some plump helmet spawns into there before sealing it. Don't try and get everyone in, just get enough to keep the place going. heck, even ONE dwarf able to stay alive will do.)
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

For future reference, artifact hatch covers over high traffic hatches are good for morale. With the forgotten beast around it's kind of too late for that now though.
Literally is the new Figuratively
the_Butler
Miner
Miner

I tried to get into it. I found a link to Dwarf Fortress from somewhere that I was reading about "Aurora", it's called the "Dwarf Fortress of 4x games".

Anyway I tried to get into DF, tried for hours (and this was before I cooked my brain) and couldn't figure it out, and couldn't get into it. The ascii graphics kept giving me a headache and a lot of it IMHO wasn't intuitive enough for me to figure out. Maybe I'll try it again.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

you can get a mod pack called "The Lazy Newb Pack" it adds a new tile and sprite graphics as well as some external utility programs which can be very useful.
"Dwarf Therapist" for example displays all dwarfy data in realtime: HP names, levels personality in a much more digestible graphical format.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}