What games are you playing this summer and why?

A subforum to talk about gaming, new blockbusters and cool indie games.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I noticed many people discussing various games they are playing on IRC.
I'm interested to know what games are you playing in this period and most importantly why are you interested in a particular game.

I will edit this post to make a nice list with the submitted answers. The list will be divided in indie games and big-budgets games.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I'm sure the guys off of IRC are playing Diablo III ;)
This sucks because today's the last Sunday of my summer :(
Anyways, logged ~80 hours of SPAZ, still in Ch4 killing zombies (or at least, was).
Played a bit of Unreal Tournament 2004.
Minecraft stole a week of modding from me :/
I think that was it. Most of the time was me scrambling to get Star Network working ;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I suppose that Diablo III doesn't need a reason to be played, it's a highly anticipated game that everybody was waiting for.

I was playing Minecraft too. I used to play Minecraft due to the novelty of the game system, as many other people did. I started playing it in early alpha, when few knew about it. Today I think the game lost a bit of its appeal, the continuous updates to add contents are keeping players, but I think the bubble has more or less burst. We'll see.

Space Pirates and Zombies (S.P.A.Z.) is a videogame I'm highly interested in. A 2 men project top down shooter with RPG elements inspired by X-Com, Star Control, Mechwarrior, Diablo and Freelancer. It definitely has characteristics that can be compared with Transcendence as space-based, genre-bending games. :)

I'm surprised that UT 2004 is still kicking. Is the online community still playing it alot ?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Actually, I was playing with FM3VP and Starweaver earlier this summer. Now it's just my brother and me, since FM3VP (I think) started school, so he's not on anymore :(
I could still poke SW and see if he could play, but start of school for me too, so no dice :/
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Summer? bah. This winter I'm playing:

-Half Life: Source
-Half Life: Opposing Force/Blue Shift
-Kerbal Space Program
-Half Life 2 & Episodes
-Dwarf Fortress
-Minecraft (a little. Dead SMP server, just hoping that maybe I *might* meet another person on it...no luck thus far)
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

In order of priority:

Transcendence (Modding)
Skyrim (Modding)
Starfarer (Modding)
KSP (Just playing)
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Even though is isn't the summer(>.<), here are my plans for Summer 2013(that relate to topic)
Play Transcendence
Play Chess TItans
Play FlightGear(it's technically not a game)
Play BZFlag
Play Minecraft
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Going to mess around with Dear Esther
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Well I've recently gotten back into Minecraft a little (there's lots of new features which I don't know about since I haven't played since 1.2)
Yesterday I beat FLT in one long running session, and brought up and old copy of EVNova (the game which inspired me to find this one)
I plan to play/mod Trans more than I have before this next school year, learn the programming language python, and XML (so maybe the mothership mod will be completed after all!)
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ah. The mothership.... Let me get the FL pack done first, I should start focusing on single projects instead.

I am playing Star Wolves 3 lately, it's quite a nice game where you command a carrier and a squadron of highly customizable fighters. Speaking of fighters, I cleared HAWX 2 and is getting ready to clear Ace Combat Assault Horizons Enhanced Edition. I also cleared out Ace Combat 04 yesterday-on PCSX2. I like fighter games because I like combat flying. I pledged in Star Citizen so you may see me playing that in the future.

I sometimes play Operation Flashpoint-Dragon Rising and Ghost Recon Online with friends as well, mostly because they are interested in squad tactics.
Has resurfaced!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Current games I'm playing this winter:

-Under the Ocean (Early alpha, looks to be utterly fantastic when it's finished, especially if they get the multiplayer build designed properly when they come to implement it.)
-Kerbal Space Program (Of course. Anyone else playing it a lot? We could make a succession-save.)
-Unreal Gold (mindless shooter, old classic, not all that bad)
-Bioshock (bought it recently, I don't think it needs much introduction)
-Alien Swarm (Because dangit, RPC and I haven't died horribly enough lately)

On the multiplayer front I'm interested in anyone willing to join in Alien Swarm games with RPC and I. We're not the best players by any means, but we've got fully unlocked equipment profiles so we can flamethrower/grenade-spam stuff. When Under the Ocean gains multiplayer I'm also gonna start pestering other people to try it out (It's an awesome game anyway, but multiplayer done properly (that's a hard task, mind) will make it seriously awesome. Especially in shark/bear attacks.)
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

If some of those MP games are free I may consider joining up. I emptied my budget on Star Citizen....
Has resurfaced!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Alien Swarm is free - get it through steam. ;)
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I only play Transcendence.
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

RPC wrote:Alien Swarm is free - get it through steam. ;)
Okay, I will try it out after my trip to Australia.
Has resurfaced!