Ingress

A subforum to talk about gaming, new blockbusters and cool indie games.
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

It's a not too new game but went public this year in April (I think). It's a good way for us gamers to get out and stretch our legs for a little bit.
You need a smart phone, recently the iPhones have been added to the available list, and at least a little data to spare. So far I use about 400M of data a month on it.
There are two sides you can join, doesn't really matter to me which people choose. It's at least worth checking out.
"Have you guys ever watched the show?" ~ Guy
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yeah I played it for a bit back when it came out, besides the gimmick novelty of an MMO tied to realworld locations, it's not that interesting a game.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

It's not so much the game mechanics that's interesting but the places that are tied to the game that you wouldn't have ever seen if you hadn't played the game. To me it's more like a discovery scavenger hunt, except you shouldn't take what you find.
And yes it's totally gimicky.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Vachtra wrote:It's not so much the game mechanics that's interesting but the places that are tied to the game that you wouldn't have ever seen if you hadn't played the game. To me it's more like a discovery scavenger hunt, except you shouldn't take what you find.
And yes it's totally gimicky.
Sounds a lot like Geocaching ! :)
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I do that too!
I really like it when someone does a series that you can only look for if you find the first one. Or, when the location is a puzzle.
Found some really neat places that way too.