Pathfinder

A subforum to talk about gaming, new blockbusters and cool indie games.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I've talked to some people about running a Pathfinder game for the community with Maptools (1.3b89). This is a place to discuss things. Put a party together. That sort of thing.

There are a number of things to determine:

Who is actually going to play? I'd like to keep it to five PCs at most.
When will this actually start?
What schedule?
Do you want me to run RAW or house rules?
Which AP? (I had said Legacy of Fire, but my brother-in-law has lent me Skull and Shackles so that's a possibility as well)
Skull&Shackles player's guide The LoF player's guide is unfortunately not a free PDF, but I can get a print copy Monday at the latest so I can help people can pick traits and animal companions and stuff.

Legacy of Fire's favored goddess is Sarenrae. Rovagug worship is strictly verboten. Evil alignments are undesirable. Antipaladins are verboten. Gnoll PCs need special backstory handling unless they're replacement PCs after a certain plot point has passed. The rails are gilded so characters without interest in worldly wealth need some other reason to stay with the party and someone needs to have mercenary motivations.

Skull and Shackles' favored goddess is Sarenrae. Rovagug and Asmodeus are verboten as are any LG or NG deities. Lawful Good and to a lesser degree Neutral Good are undesirable but the latter can be managed. Paladins and Hellknights are verboten. Antipaladins are negotiable. Any PC with a swim or fly speed needs a reason to stay with the party.
Literally is the new Figuratively
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I know I already expressed interest over on IRC, but what the hell, I’ll do it again over here, too.

I’m not too fussed about when it starts, though I do need it to be a not-morning schedule that isn’t on Sundays if I’m going to play (going by the Eastern time zone).
 As for RAW vs. RAI or house rules, I am fine with RAW as long as nobody blatantly takes every possible opportunity to bend technicalities or unclear explanations to their advantage. I’d have to know what sort of house rules you had in mind before I offered a yea or nay vote one way or the other.
 I’m good with either AP.

…I suppose, at this point, I should start putting some thought into just what I want to play…

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Potential house rules are open for discussion.

The basic package I'm most likely to apply:
  • no non-caster PC class should have only one good save
  • no class that is not an int based caster should have 2+int skill points (and I'm not sure about int casters being that low either)
  • fly DC to not fall when hit scales and applies to all forms of flight
  • certain broken spells don't exist unless an NPC has them and I can't easily write them out and certainly aren't PC options. Like planar ally/binding, simalcrum, and teleport.
more exotic stuff:
  • spell save DCs are calculated by how nasty the spell is rather than what level it is*
  • some troubled class fixes get looked at (fighter, monk, and rogue)*
  • look at some Unearthed Arcana stuff like recharge magic and facing*
  • You get to be guinea pigs for action points in an attempt to kill the stand still and full attack paradigm.*
  • martial feat tree consolidation*
*may be abandoned mid-game if it turns out to be too much trouble
** More likely to happen with Legacy of Fire since I'll have to rebuild all the NPCs going from 3.5 to PF anyways
Literally is the new Figuratively
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm open to either, but more tempted by Legacy of Fire. I've always wanted to try a paladin or cleric, and sarenrae is a pretty cool deity. Maybe they can be motivated by an urge to donate large sums of money to fund a puppy refuge/orphanage/whatever.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Are we talking Pathfinder the DnD3.5 derived rpg? If so, I may be interested. How does playing by maptools work?

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

pixelfck wrote:Are we talking Pathfinder the DnD3.5 derived rpg?
 Yup.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)