- Off-Topic Airplane -

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

erik dela cruz wrote:So Datal you saw what that baby can do. Have you heard the story of an A-10 being able to still come back to base after an air raid over Iraq (Desert Storm I think) with just one turbofan running? Awesome right?
Yeah :) You likes planes ? try this:Here
Then you will scare to fly even in a-10 :D
stealthx
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Datal wrote:
erik dela cruz wrote:So Datal you saw what that baby can do. Have you heard the story of an A-10 being able to still come back to base after an air raid over Iraq (Desert Storm I think) with just one turbofan running? Awesome right?
Your vid also shows one of the reason I like the Raptor. Stealth technology!
Be the hope of humanity. Be a Gundam Meister.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

stealthx wrote:
Datal wrote:
Your vid also shows one of the reason I like the Raptor. Stealth technology!

Yeah ? That technology isn't perfect, and not gives 100% sure. And works only about 2 hours... lol
PS - Tor-m1 is SHORT RANGE Anti-Aircraft system... 8-)
Lmoy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I like the SR-71 Blackbird, mainly because it could go to mach 3.5 :D
And the GAU-8 Avenger. Because it has an enormous Gatling gun (70 rps)
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Lmoy wrote:I like the SR-71 Blackbird, mainly because it could go to mach 3.5 :D
And the GAU-8 Avenger. Because it has an enormous Gatling gun (70 rps)
Blackbird->yeah, this one is nice. :lol:
bluesaberist
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

SR-71 is definitely a sweet plane, and used to be my favorite. But the F-22 currently has that spot. Yeah, stealth isn't perfect, but it works well enough to defeat AA radar systems long enough to neutralize.

The first publicly known (according to Wired magazine) F-22 "shot down" was by an F-16 in a mock dogfight. Which goes to show why the F-16 is also at the top of my favorite list. I can't imagine they are still as high on the list of most maneuverable, but they were in they're day.

The missile launch from the Tor-M1 is one of the funnier flying things I've seen recently.

Directly comparing many planes that people lump as "fighters" is silly. For instance, there is no comparison between the F-15 and F-16 when it comes down to a pure maneuverability-based dogfight. F-16s are much better at that. Start up a drag race to the clouds and again there is no comparison, the F-15 wins. The F-22 is an air superiority and strike fighter. If you need to demolish a row of tanks, even an A-10 is probably better. But when it comes to taking over an airspace, watch out, because the F-22 is practically invisible to radar (glitches don't get you target locks), and its not going to let you get within visible range before shooting off its AMRAAM or Sidewinder missiles. The F-35... Well, its cheaper to buy one anyway... There is a reason we (the USA) let other countries buy F-35s and not F-22s. We save the best for ourselves. :mrgreen:

I am not saying anything negative about the other planes listed in this thread. I admit to very little knowledge about other countries aircraft.
Some other military planes that I like are:
B-2
B-1B
F-14
P-51
F-86
V-22
A-10

I'm a big airplane fan. I don't dislike flying, but I've never tried for a license. I understood lift better than most people before I was 12. I'm a natural pilot in video games, though I usually like to play with red and blackout turned off (I am a fan of 20Gs).
If you drop a bar of soap on the ground, is it dirty?
If a person is legally blind, and can suddenly see, is he breaking the law?
If a friend says he's going outside to get some air, what was he breathing before?
-Brad Stein
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Finally some airplanes fun :D
There is a reason we (the USA) let other countries buy F-35s and not F-22s. We save the best for ourselves.
...I want to tell somethink...but...there is censure... 8-)

And my second list:
Fw-190
Fw-152
F-18
Bf-109
Su-35
Ju-388

However thanks for the post.
bluesaberist
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Datal wrote:...I want to tell somethink...but...there is censure...
Hehe, I know what you mean.

Interesting that you have the F-18 on your list. That is one aircraft I never like by for looks.

I did forget some on my list though, the P-38 for one. And while it never went into production, I like the looks of the YF-23
If you drop a bar of soap on the ground, is it dirty?
If a person is legally blind, and can suddenly see, is he breaking the law?
If a friend says he's going outside to get some air, what was he breathing before?
-Brad Stein
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I love the F-18 looks -> Great film with great music !
Hehe, I know what you mean.
-> Thats good...