editors

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

What editors do you use for Transcendence xml files or the image files and why?

Personally I use Textpad for editing the xml. It had searching in multiple files at once and bracket matching (the two things I use the most when making stuff in Transcendence)
Crying is not a proper retort!
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I mostly just use the stock Wordpad on Windows, but I track down bugs in Dreamweaver.

I use photoshop for images, but I don't do much image editing.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

XMLs - notepad++, syntax highlighting, search/replace, tabs, parentheses hilighting/shows which one goes to which one, saves the tabs on exit. and file extensions must be defined by the user - letting me make the extension anything so it can be uploaded on the UTF

images - blender for the 3d ship facings, gimp to put the facings together, microsoft paint to make the shield image.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

For XML's, I use Wordpad.

For image manipulation, I use PSP and for rendering meshes for facings I use Vue.
Kamikaze
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Vim/gvim for the text editing, and...

Graphics work? What's that?
I never said I was sane.

I said I was perfectly insane.
Desolator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Not much modding recently, I used to edit everything with Notepad2, but on Windows I use Notepad++ and on Ubuntu, Gedit & Code::Blocks.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Desolator wrote:Not much modding recently, I used to edit everything with Notepad2, but on Windows I use Notepad++ and on Ubuntu, Gedit & Code::Blocks.

How does Transcendence fair on Ubuntu? And Code::blocks? is that in the defalt rops?
Charon Mass of Goo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: Creating Inappropriate "Signature Dialouge" since yestermorrow!

How is Blender for ship image creating? I want a good image maker/editor to create a custom ship (a customized Pyro-GL from Descent with flames :D) and a good Weapon frigate. (I'm reallying getting into the modding Open-source games now...)
Charon Fizz-Soda! It's Red! It tastes like Awesomness! AND PIRATES MADE IT! Better than Eridani Mineral Water too!
Desolator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ttech wrote:How does Transcendence fair on Ubuntu?

Using Wine.

Ttech wrote:And Code::blocks? is that in the defalt rops?
Is that WHAT?
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You know, the rops. Everyone got the rops these days. WHy I remember when I's got my very first rops. Oh, it was a joyous occasion, my mamma took me out ta the roppery and we picked one out, i was so happy! I ate the whole thing right there on the spot. a rops was a big thing back in those days, we couldn't just grow em up like now. no, you had to work hard to get your rops. Now every just gots em DEFAULT, can you belive it

Um, I like Textpad by the way....
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

OddBob wrote:You know, the rops. Everyone got the rops these days. WHy I remember when I's got my very first rops. Oh, it was a joyous occasion, my mamma took me out ta the roppery and we picked one out, i was so happy! I ate the whole thing right there on the spot. a rops was a big thing back in those days, we couldn't just grow em up like now. no, you had to work hard to get your rops. Now every just gots em DEFAULT, can you belive it

Um, I like Textpad by the way....

Sorry, I was asking is thta on the default repos...