Hi and Thank you for the new board

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

This is Betelgeuse(gannon) and I would like to say thanks for the new board.
One question are there never going to be avatars for this forum?
Crying is not a proper retort!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yeah, i'd quite like an avatar. This is what the FAQ has to say about it:

"There may be two images below a username when viewing posts. The first is an image associated with your rank; generally these take the form of stars or blocks indicating how many posts you have made or your status on the forums. Below this may be a larger image known as an avatar; this is generally unique or personal to each user. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and they have a choice over the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars then this is the decision of the board admin and you should ask them their reasons (we're sure they'll be good!)"
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

YAY! Gannon! :D
yeah, avatars would be good.
preferably uploading from computers and not the strange "Enter an url"
thing.

:D :) :( :o :lol: 8) :? :shock: :x :P :oops: :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:
I just had to try the emoticons
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Oops! Sorry about that--I thought avatars were enabled by default.

I've enabled it now. Thanks!
Jason_Miao
Anarchist
Anarchist

The topic says it all. Hi again, guys.
Revolver
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

yes, it's a very nice place. I love the picture with the Sapphire.
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hey Jason, nice to see you here
Lathana
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello to everyone.

That is a simply beautiful picture, George. Another interview question: what do you use to make the images and art for the game and that image there?
El_FluffyDragon

Love the gray/black look, George. Very professional. I hope to be posting around here more shortly.

Although, one thing that I note is that I don't see new posts/no new posts indicators.

Possibly, this is because I'm an unobsrvant person and simply did not notice when there were new posts, I'm not sure. :mrgreen:
Revolver
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

El_FluffyDragon wrote:Love the gray/black look, George. Very professional. I hope to be posting around here more shortly.

Although, one thing that I note is that I don't see new posts/no new posts indicators.

Possibly, this is because I'm an unobsrvant person and simply did not notice when there were new posts, I'm not sure. :mrgreen:
You should try logging in first, then you can see the indicators :wink:
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Lathana wrote:Hello to everyone.

That is a simply beautiful picture, George. Another interview question: what do you use to make the images and art for the game and that image there?
Thank you! I'm really glad people like it.

Almost all the 3D artwork is done with a program called trueSpace (www.caligari.com). It's by no means the best 3D software, but it has a lot of bang for the buck.

The textures and any post-processing work is done in Photoshop.

I confess that I have mixed feelings about the image on this forum. On the one hand, I think it looks cool. But on the other hand, I don't want to mislead people into thinking that Transcendence is 3D. I think it's OK for the forums (since everyone knows what the game looks like) but I don't think I would "advertise" the game this way.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

El_FluffyDragon wrote:Love the gray/black look, George. Very professional. I hope to be posting around here more shortly.
Thanks, EFD. I hope to see you here often.

FYI, other than the top image, I should give credit for the site design to Mike Lothar. I'm using one of his PhpBB themes (called Ad Infinitum). Check-out a link to his site at the very bottom of the page.
hookoa
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Good to see everyone back in the loop. I think I'm sticking with this board and the transcendi page.
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

george moromisato wrote: I don't want to mislead people into thinking that Transcendence is 3D. I think it's OK for the forums (since everyone knows what the game looks like) but I don't think I would "advertise" the game this way.
I don't agree with your reasoning as advertisement art is not expected to represent game graphics. Take a look at the box art on most popular software titles.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 8&v=glance