Could we get a sub forum for tutorials and samples?

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

personally I would be against any no post forum I would love for people to comment and ask questions on my tutorial. A questions and comments thread in an open forum would destroy the point of making a new forum.
Crying is not a proper retort!
Sponge
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

While I prefer option B, I think the single "Tutorials & Guides" forum is a better bet than two separate forums. Also, is it possible to just restrict starting threads in a given forum? If so, you could allow posting in a tutorial/guide, but not allow new threads to be started in the Guide forum. This way you can still restrict the guide content that is in the forum, but it can be discussed and added to by other people. It'd have to be moderated pretty heavily to keep out off-topic discussion, though.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I would prefer if the forum would remain open, with a moderator or two. A single sticky should contain a list of guides so that no thread can be "lost"

The fun with filters threads should probably be merged (with betel's permission).

Something like this:

Fun with Functions by betelgeuse

Fun with function is a neat guide composed of many tips and tricks regarding specific functions.

Fun with Filter

Fun with Filters 2, the Filter Strikes Back

Fun with Filters 3, Filtered by Dawn

Fun with Shuffle

Fun with Enumeration

Fun with sysHasAttribute

Fun with objFireItemEvent

F50's Modding Tutorial by F50

This aims to be a complete beginner guide to modding. It is unfinished but still contains a lot of useful information regarding basic modding.

Not only does this prevent threads from being lost, but it also categorizes them neatly and provides a short description.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The reason I do them separately is due to the difficulty of searching in a thread and the intimidation factor. Personally I would find focus tutorials much more helpful due to I wouldn't have to worry about what I need to know and that I wouldn't get board half way through (heh a tutorial on making tutorials) On that note F50 if I can make a suggestion if putting in code longer than a page link to a seperate document such as the transcendence pastebin or on Xelerus and just make reference to the important lines.
Crying is not a proper retort!
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I hate to download stuff for tutorials.

It should be noted that a lot of the stuff in code is comments meant to just describe stuff. The reason it is in the code is so you can both read it on line and copy-paste into a file.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Thank for your offer, but the thing of it is- we already have Xelerus and several members (including me) have some transcendence content already on their own sites- it would just be better to have this type of material here, in my opinion.

The Transcendence forums are owned and operated by the creator of Transcendence, and as such are probably going to be maintained and updated for the life of this game. Sites that fans put up do not have that kind of longevity and direct connection to the game.

These forums are simply the best place to contain tutorials about the game.

Xelerus is a handy resource itself, and if anywhere outside of transcendence forums was used I would say that that would be the place to do it. But there are some drawbacks to that- primarily, it is an extra step in the process and it isn't really a part of the transcendence franchise.