Luminous - feature requests

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
doctorfrog
Anarchist
Anarchist

I downloaded and messed around a bit with George's Luminous, generated a few galaxies and some cubes and such. Good fun. However, I'm not a programmer, and there's only so much I can figure out within the example config files included on the site. I have the following requests:

- I've noticed that sometimes after a very large render, my copy buffer just stops working. This means I have no way to save the render, my CPU time is wasted. (In my case, I was drawing a very large galaxy so I could zoom in on a piece of an arm to use as my wallpaper.)

Please include a 'save as bitmap' feature for resolutions too high for the monitor or the copy buffer.

- If you get the time, some additional example config files or even a tutorial would be nice, but given the lack of interest compared to your flagship project (Transcendence), I understand if this is very low on the priority scale.

- If possible, include antialiasing as an option. As I played around with the sample config's cube renders, I noticed that they look very jaggy. Of course Gaussian blur just makes them look... blurry.

- More example config files! The galaxy renderer for example, is very impressive. More like this? Simple starfield generator, nebula generator, planet generator?

- Finally, you have some great art assets in Transcendence that could do with some showing off. How about some large renders of some of these ships in wallpaper size, a dramatic rendering of a battle, and so forth? This would be a nice promotion for the game and your site.

And thanks for the fun, free tool!