File encryption

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

A while ago I wrote a neat little program which encrypts a text file and turns it into a bunch of numbers that can only be turned back into text with the right key. I'll upload it once I get to my other computer. I was just thinking, why don't we use that for spoilers? We could all agree on a code, and then whenever we post a spoiler, we just encrypt it?
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Oh, I just remembered, it might be able to encrypt normal files too, but be warned, a moderately large file can become gigabytes of data.

http://www.snapdrive.net/qs/dc62c289537b

(looks at source)

Yep, any kind of byte data. I'm not too sure of the strength of the cipher, so don't sue me if something gets stolen with my encryption algorithms. And don't download it if you live outside the US either. There's laws against giving encryption programs to foreign countries.

72 hours people.

(looks at source again)
Whoops! It uses the ASCII value of the letters in the document so I guess it probably won't work with anything but a textfile. Glad I caught that before somebody ruined something important.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
speedofsquid
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

For spoilers we could just rot13.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

(starts writing rot13 program)
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

TrueCrypt
is amazing and linux and windows compatible
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yeah, but I didn't make it.