Roleplay try 2

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Everything was peacefull on the ancient planet of Stephinia, the homeworld of the Great Stephinian Empire. Then, suddenly, they were attacked by a race called the Moronians. The battle went on for many days until the pepole got fed up and started shooting back at the Moronians. War had begun.

Schilcote, the emperor of the Stephinians, was flying about in his green chevy-shaped spaceship, called the Starship Rocinante. Suddenly, his S.P.A.A.D pager went off. He told the ship to call the number back, and found himself talking to Schilbot, the android vice emperor.

"We're under attack by the Moronians!" Schilbot said. "Well, that's a problem." Schilcote said. "Well?" Schilbot said. "Send Supreme Fleet Leader Dalva and a small fleet to accompany the Rocinante in finding the Amp of Justice. Only then can we defeat the Moronians." "Okay." Schilbot said.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

moments later Starfleet Leader Dalva with his NCC-1724 comes on sight of Starship Rocinante. then the battle between Dalva's Fleet and Moronian began.

Later that day Moronians flee with more than half of their ship destroyed, and only 1 ship is lost from Dalva's Fleet. "Moronians is eliminated, half of 'em flee away" dalva said to schilcote. then the NCC-1724 turns on his WarpDrive and accelerate to DASATech industries orbiting Spativius, the planet after Stephinia in this star system. Dalva then maneuver his ship into a DASATech Drydock and start fixing some scars and burns on his ship's armor.

"heh, thoose Moronians can only create scars on my ship's armor. maybe the're stupid to attack Stephinia. hahaha" dalva said. then since Dalva is the owner of DASATech, he walks to a docking port then boards a private shuttle to his personal orbital station and take some rest.
Last edited by Dalva on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

While Dalva's fleet was kicking some Moronian tail, Schilcote and the Starship Rocinante flew out of the Hamma solar system (which was the soar system containing Stephinia and it's sister planets) and into solar orbit, where the battle could be watched in safety. The Rocinante was a solid ship, very heavily shielded, but it was offensively weak compared to Dalva's fleet, and would not have been much use in battle. The Rocinante itself decided (as it was a partially organic vessel) to chew on an asteroid and try to extract some merovia ore from it. Schilcote worked on an AI he was writing and watched the conflict between the Stephinians and Moronians.

The Moronians had massive heat rays and missile launchers, but the Stephinians had powerfull microwave emission cannons which could boil the seas of a planet in three seconds flat, and massive plasma cannons which fired a stream of superheated particles at relavistic speeds.

After the battle, Schilcote and his ship, swallowing the last of its asteroid for processing, flew back down to Stephinia, and prepared for the search for the Amp of Justice.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

ooc: maybe you might want to replace the word Hamma solar system to Hamma star system, because Solar system itself means a system around the star Sol (yes, our sun name is Sol)

then after resting in the peace of his personal orbital station, Dalva comes back to planet Stephinia and dock with spaceship Rocinante then the Rocinante give some excess fuel extracted from the mined ore to Dalva's NCC-1724.

"We're ready to begin out journey to find the amp of justice. should i ask for extra spaceship, schilcote?" dalva said to schilcote.
Last edited by Dalva on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

"And where would you start looking?"
A menacing voice emanates from the dark corner.
A hood hides the face of the infamous merchant, Prophet.

"Many have searched for the fabled Amp of Justice and all they have found was an untimely death. To begin the search anew would take time that Hamma does not have."

Prophet strides across the room to face the carnage of the recent battle.

"The Moronians will come back, in greater numbers. You have only shown them what they needed in order to conquer you. I may be able to assist you in the search..."

Prophet slowly turns, beneath his darkened cowl his eyes are now shining white with a deep intensity.

"I can help you, for a price..."
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Is participation in this storyline by invitation only, or can anyone join in?
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

OOC: Sure Darth, join in.

"And what price may that be?" Schilcote said, transistors and vacum tubes humming inside his tough Merovia skull. "Is it money you want? Or power? Or something else entirely? No matter. You may join us. Dalva, order a ship for our new party member, unless, of course, he would like to fly his own?" Schilcote said, turning to Prophet.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

"I want exclusive mining rights to your merovia ore. The atomic structure is unique within the galaxy. A small price to pay for the salavation of the Stepinians."

Prophet reaches into his robe and pulls out a data-sphere,

"I have here the last known coordinates of the Ark of Truth. I have encoded it so you cannot read it until we have made a deal. Make your decision swiftly because the journey will be long and perilous."

Almost carelessly, Prophet tosses the data sphere to schilcote and has vanished by the time he catches it.
Stay tuned for updates!
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Schilcote handled the data sphere, sending tiny, probing jolts of electricity into the sphere, and measuring its responce. "Hmm... A quantum cipher... Clever." He said, putting the sphere into one of his infinite pockets, and pulling out a contract. He signed the contract, and put his hand on a small electrified merovia plate. It instantly engraved itself with the symbol of the Stephinian empire. He handed the paper with the plate on it to a robot, who was waiting for him. He transfered his instructions through his hand to the robot, telling it to give the paper to Prophet when he returns. "Tell him that if he dosn't mine 50,000 units a month, he's off. Otherwise, it's a done deal."

Loading his robots into the Rocinante, Waldo, Whiz, Iris, Sensa, Auda, Poet, and Fred, Schilcote set the navicom to the coordinates in the data sphere. He radioed Dalva's fleet and told them to take off, then did the same. They flew through space to the Ark of Truth, wondering what perilous journey lie before them. Schilcote tuned his guitar, waiting for something to happen...
Last edited by schilcote on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Prophet stood in the centre of the bridge of Cseraphym, the fabled Mega-trade ship, watching the Rocinante depart on it's journey in a pure VR holo image. "I wonder where the Ark of Truth lies... no matter. It's coordinates alone turned a handsome profit, and untold riches with a new mining contract."

Outside the Cseraphym, thousands of mining drones were already preparing to strip the rich asteroids of their merovian ore. Prophet stood watching them for a long time, his eyes unfocused as numbers ran through his quantum processor, calculating profit margins and yield ratios.
Prophet turned to his comm officer, "Send schilcote our acceptance of the contract and some luck as well. We can't mine ore in the middle of a battlefield."
Prophet turned back to his holo image, now showing the moronians fleeing back to their homeworld. Large gaping holes, spewing out precious gases of some ships, others missing entire decks but somehow still in one piece.
"Set a course for the Galactic Concorde, we have some ore to sell."
Stay tuned for updates!
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

suddenly an alien ship appear on NCC-1724's EWCS (early warning computer system) screen "alien ship coming in fast, there's maybe dozens of 'em" said one of EWCS officer. "ok raise general alarm" dalva said. then the whole bridge interior goes red.

then the LCARS display started to sound a deep-low frequency alarm. "All personell report to your battle stations" said the LCARS repeatedly. then the generator load of the ship increases as weaponry officer activate weapon systems like phasers and photon torpeodes. "power peak at 1,35 GW, well below our danger limit" propulsion officer said. "schilcote, you better prepare for a heavy combat" said dalva on his CC (communication computer)

"unknown projectile heading toward us in 8 times warp speed" said the EWCS officer. then dalva respond "use the APP (anti projectile phasers) now". the ship hums as the phaser accumulate energy then vibrates as the phaser release it. the EWCS controller said: "impact. projectile has been destroyed...... wait.... the projectile splits sir! they recreate themself with an equal size of the original." then shortly after the EWCS officer talk the NCC-1724's surface is covered in a blue plasma glow. "the projectile hit our deflector screen" said defense engineer. "heat up all phasers" said Dalva.
Last edited by Dalva on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

"Whiz, plug in." Schilcote said to the robot, who scurried over to the Central Library Core, and plugged himself in with one of his two tiny arms. The CLC made noises for a moment, and then Whiz said: "Ready to process requests." "Whiz, ask about projectile." Schilcote said. The CLC made some more noise, then Whiz spoke: "CLC has no information on the object, but suggests you ask Sensa to examine it." "Sensa, examine projectile." Schilcote said. "The projectile is large, hollow, with walls seven feet thick. I detect a strong electromagnetic field around it. Suggest sending Poet to examine further, after capturing the object with the ship's tractor beams." The robot said, her two sensor arms swinging about. "Your wish is my command, my friend." Poet said to Schilcote.

Poet was the most notable robot of the bunch, being able to detect the tiniest of electrical impulses with a pad on the end of his fourth extension. He could produce the most bewildering output at times, no doubt caused by his strange senses.

"Poet, attatch a lifeline to yourself, then touch the projectile." Schilcote said, in a slightly simplified language that the robot's outdated parsers could understand. "Will do. See you." Poet said, then went off on his task. The robot attatched a rocket pack, and tied a lifeline to himself. Schilcote switched on the ship's tractor beams and captured one of the projectiles. Poet entered the airlock, and waited for the doors to switch. He then flew out into space, his lifeline attatched. He flew over to the projectile, stopped, and reached out with his touching extension. It hovered over the projectile for a few seconds, trying to get a reading, then Poet slowly brought it down onto the surface. He kept it there, getting a reading, then brought it back, and manouvered himself back to the ship.

On arrival, Poet uploaded the information he retrived to the CLC, then proceeded to give his report. "Large amounts of energy, pulsing rapidly. From the singatures I detected, I would say that the projectile is at least level 7 technology, possibly higher. The object is most probably a weapon, and a most destructive one at that. I feel a taste of other dimensions on it, I can't quite descibe. Whiz should be able to make sense of it."

"Whiz, send the information that you have collected from the other robots to Dalva's fleet. I don't want them fighting withought knowledge." Whiz sent the data over, the CLC making noises and flashing blinkenlights. Schilcote looked out at the projectile in his tractor beams, and then at the radar, which showed the enemy ships. He hoped for the best.
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

"new CC message" the LCARS said. "you, print that message and give it to me" dalva said to one of the CC operator. moments later dalva recieved the info paper about the projectile. "level 7 technology... EMP radiation... possible weapon..." then dalva laughs. "that thing hit my ship, no doubt it's a weapon hahaha... well at least i got basic info on the projectile".

suddenly the ship vibrates as an antimatter shell hits the NCC-1724's deflector screen. "they hit us! our shield is having a power loss" a defense engineer says. then a weaponry officer says: "enemy is in our phaser range! should we fire our phasers?" "fire at will" dalva said.

the alien ship dodges as the phaser slice through some of them, some goes right through a fuel container creating explosions as big as an old time nuclear explosion. "something is strange sir! thoose ships dont have a deflector shield... maybe they're holographic or decoys!' a CA (combat analyzer) officer said. "it's not a holographic for sure. they already fire their antimatter cannons."

moments later the battle ends. "it's very strange, we defeat them so easily. why no one fires their weapon again?" a CA officer said. "antimatter shell detected! the trajectory is bad. it will hit us" a EWCS officer said. then dalva replies "full power at starboard bow thrusters". "roger that" a propulsion officer replies.

when the ship dodges the antimatter it mantains it's trajectory and even correcting it to hit Rocinante. the Rocinante's deflector is still regenerating after the EVA (extra vihecular activities) of Poet, and at it's 10% power when the antimatter shell hit the port propulsion system of Rocinante.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

"Alert, antimatter projectile headed on a trajectory twoards us." Sensa said. Schilcote looked out the windshield. Sure enough, there was a antimatter shell haeded twoards them. It hit. The ship screamed as its port side got eaten away by the exploding antimatter. The lights went out for a few moments, as the ship tried to recover from the hit. Sparkly green blood poured in to space from the massive wound in the ship's side. By the time the bleeding stopped, the Rocinante was severely damaged. It would take many days before the wound would completely heal. The lights came back on.

"Waldo, go out there and get me a damage report!" Schilcote said to the six-armed robot. "Report when I get there." Waldo said, and exited in the same way Poet had earlier. He came back in a few minutes and said: "It's serious. I can help heal the damage, but it'll still be a few hours before the ship recovers." "Go to it." Schilcote replied. Waldo got his microsurgery extension and some medical supplies, then flew out, establishing a radio connection with Whiz. Suddenly a face appeared on the ship's viewscreen.

"Hahaha! I have you now my dearies!" the face said, then disappeared. "Could it be..." Auda said. "What?" Schilcote said. "It is, I recognize him from when they were putting him in the cryo-chamber." Iris said. "Who?!?" Schilcote said again. "Data confirmed." Whiz said. "Will someone please tell me what is going on?" Schilcote said. "It's Gregory Franklin." Iris said.

Iris was the smallest of the robots, a tiny thing with only two arms. However, she had the power of sight. She was designed for reading information screens in the underground base on her home planet, Contra.

"Who is Gregory Franklin?" Schilcote said. "A Central Mentality back on Contra." Sensa said. "He woke up from cryo-stasis, and started killing pepole, messing with the FCs." "Oh." Schilcote said. "But they killed him..." Iris said. "Gregory kill Fred, Fred kill Gregory!" Fred said.

Schilcote had discovered Fred in a box in the Gamma Repair section of the underground base on Contra. He had sixteen grasping extensions, and an acid-proof hull. He had been mangled by the last person to use him, Gregory Franklin.

Waldo came back in. "I have the major repairs done, the ship should heal itself in a few hours." He said. "Good." Schilcote said, and waited, thinking about what might happen next...
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

"go to Rocinante immideately" said Dalva. a navigation officer replies "roger that." then the NCC-1724 accelerates to the crippled Rocinante.
"try our SRTD (short range teleported device) to connect with Rocinante" said dalva. "Rocinante's SRTD frecuency is scrambled. maybe because of the explosion" a SRTD officer said. "then establish a docking sequence" Dalva said.

"turning off docking port plasma deflector" a defense officer replies. when the two ship syc their movement and trying to dock, a secondary small explosion happens on Rocinante's electrical system. it makes the docking port unsyced again. then the second try to dock succeed. then dalva said "open airlock doors now". then he runs to a deck below where he use an old docking port to the Rocinante. inside he meets Schilcote. "are you allright?" dalva said.

ooc: now your turn to make the event, like suddenly an alien strikes again or something