Cool stuff that's out there.

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

We've had threads about W.I.S.E, CERN and quite a lot of things that are really really cool. So...what else is out there that people keep an eye on?

Personally, here's what I look in on every so often:

The Martin Jetpack (which is a New Zealand invention. And I want one. Ohyes. :D)

Bloodhound SSC (If you haven't heard of this already, you don't know what you're missing, it is that cool)

Solar Impulse (The guys wanting to go around the world in a solar aircraft. Not an overly nice website, especially when you compare it to Bloodhound SSC)

Rocket Lab (A new Zealand company that's been working on REALLY small and portable sub-orbital rockets for research purposes..Not much of a website though, sadly....but they managed to launch a sub-orbital slight from a portable launcher in a FIELD, using an old bunker left over from the world wars as their launch control. not bad, really.).

So....anyone else follow other stuff like this and got some links to share?

(And as an aside, it's amazing what you can buy on the internet. In the last few days I've seen everything from depleted uranium to ROV kits. Don't ask me why I've been googling this, although I do have an excuse for the ROV.)
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've been watching the oscar project for a while. Its a collaboration effort to develop an open-source car.

After seeing a TedTalk about the sixth sense device I've searched for the blueprints so I can make one and put all those iPhone4 and iPad users in their place.

Also, just about any news or developments on reprap/fablab is awesome.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I like to once in a while check in on http://www.copenhagensuborbitals.com/
Two young danish guys building a rocket that will carry one individual into space... all without being rich! (they do have sponsors and the like)

wiki page in english