Calling all Hams!

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.

Are you a Ham Radio Operator

Yes I am.
25%
No I'm not.
75%

Total votes: 8
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm curious if there any other ham radio operators currently operating on the forums. I'm pretty sure there are quite a few. You don't have to give your call if you don't want to, just say you are.

For those of you who are not licensed, we are not talking about a (http://tinyurl.com/22jt8hz) Ham but a http://tinyurl.com/27oahbo "HAM!"

For those of you who are not HAMS!, I really recommend you get your license, its quick, easy, and allows you to experiment with electroncis like never before, be able get help a real emergency, and most of all is fun.

And those who are not operators, don't scew the poll.. :)
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

OF COUR-oh, ham radio...

I've accidentally been a ham radio operator a few times.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You accidentally a coke bottle too right?
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ttech wrote:You accidentally a coke bottle too right?
No, that was on purpose.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ok gotcha.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Darth Saber - Ham Radio Operator

And my being a HAM was no "accident;" I took a three day class and graduated as a Technician. I currently use a hand held Vertex 150; no where near as fancy as the one shown on your second link, Ttech, but functional.

I would post my call sign, but Sith like to remain as largely untraceable as possible, and the call sign directories are free and open to public use.

I am also known in my area as a ham (comedian), so if anyone has any clean jokes, let me know; as long as they are free from racism, genderism, foul or suggestive language, - and I could retell it in a church without blushing or feeling dirty, that is. I believe that a good sense of humor is healthy for the soul; if you don't have one, I have enough to share. :twisted:
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Darth Saber wrote:Darth Saber - Ham Radio Operator

And my being a HAM was no "accident;" I took a three day class and graduated as a Technician. I currently use a hand held Vertex 150; no where near as fancy as the one shown on your second link, Ttech, but functional.

I would post my call sign, but Sith like to remain as largely untraceable as possible, and the call sign directories are free and open to public use.

I am also known in my area as a ham (comedian), so if anyone has any clean jokes, let me know; as long as they are free from racism, genderism, foul or suggestive language, - and I could retell it in a church without blushing or feeling dirty, that is. I believe that a good sense of humor is healthy for the soul; if you don't have one, I have enough to share. :twisted:
Sweet, pretty awesome, another radio operator. I might recommend that you try to get your General - DXing is amazing.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I have a printout manual on the General Class, which I plan to start reading any day now. :lol:
Some of the most fun that I have, is when I am trying to talk to other hams during a storm. The comments they make about the poor chap they can't understand due to the "white noise," are often more hilarious than the actual conversation. I guess that is what comes of having a "rubber duck" antennae (for those who don't recognize the term, a "rubber duck" is a short, semi flexible antennae which one can usually see on radios carried by employees of highway departments, schools, and some retail and hardware stores.)
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Darth Saber wrote:I have a printout manual on the General Class, which I plan to start reading any day now. :lol:
Some of the most fun that I have, is when I am trying to talk to other hams during a storm. The comments they make about the poor chap they can't understand due to the "white noise," are often more hilarious than the actual conversation. I guess that is what comes of having a "rubber duck" antennae (for those who don't recognize the term, a "rubber duck" is a short, semi flexible antennae which one can usually see on radios carried by employees of highway departments, schools, and some retail and hardware stores.)
SkyNet? :D (obviously not the name but funny similarity)