Quest africa

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Well i go to quest for about 7 months tomorrow. Wish of luck.
P.s. If i dont reply within 3 months, im probably dead. :D
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Good luck. That sounds exciting... what kind of quest is this?
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

It is about teaching industrialist skills eg. Welding, mechanics, business, scuba diving, etc. For people who didnt really do well at school, but learn really well when using their hands.

And actually learn better when doing it hands on instead of just learning about object x.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

That sounds great! I think on top of wishing you good luck I will also say Have Fun! :D
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Thanks. Talk to you guys soon.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Hell yea! This course is AWESOME!!! Not only have i learned to skin animals(very smelly and VERY dirty) but i have also become a level 1 FGASA(field guide assosiation of southern africa) AND im doing the trans baviance cycle race.

I also know know how to rebuild a car from scratch. Kayak, hunt(going for my PH soon) track animals, give first aid(basic life support) (treating 3rd degree burns, serious abrahsions, cpr, etc.), spear fish, navigate at night on a new moon.
And thats berly a quarter of the stuff i have learned, done and are going to do.

I LOVE IT HERE!!! :mrgreen:
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

BUT i also dont like it here because there are no women until september. And we have a idiot called farren here.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

just did spear fishing today, and nearly got chomped by a tiger shark. Never swam faster than that towards the safety of waves breaking on very sharp rocks in my life. still lost flipper or fin or whatever he call's it.
Lmoy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Chase wrote:Hell yea! This course is AWESOME!!! Not only have i learned to skin animals(very smelly and VERY dirty) but i have also become a level 1 FGASA(field guide assosiation of southern africa) AND im doing the trans baviance cycle race.

I also know know how to rebuild a car from scratch. Kayak, hunt(going for my PH soon) track animals, give first aid(basic life support) (treating 3rd degree burns, serious abrahsions, cpr, etc.), spear fish, navigate at night on a new moon.
And thats berly a quarter of the stuff i have learned, done and are going to do.

I LOVE IT HERE!!! :mrgreen:
This sounds a lot more useful than what I'm learning in school. >.>
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I tell you what, it is sooooo much better than school. When you get to around 18 you should totaly come to quest. Its a once in a life time chance.
Lmoy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Sounds pretty great. A lot of useful things I can't learn in school :) my animal skinning skills so far are terrible. It took me almost an hour to skin my pet duck.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

He he. Smels nice when you skin it dont it? Just do me one favour, never ever EVER skin a bush pig or impala. The stench does not leave your clothes and well... Lets just say i have smelt 3rd world sewers that smell better.
Lmoy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Chase wrote:He he. Smels nice when you skin it dont it? Just do me one favour, never ever EVER skin a bush pig or impala. The stench does not leave your clothes and well... Lets just say i have smelt 3rd world sewers that smell better.
I'll keep that in mind :P
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

also dont attempt to braze with oxyfuel or weld with a MIG torch without the proper protection, i already have a 3rd degree burn on my foot from metal falling in and a second degree burn on my finger from being an idiot. if i post pictures. ill probably be banned.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I thought that i should share this story with the community in an attempt to free myself of this burden.

On Saturday 22nd May 2011 As the crazy eight( as we refer ourselves) and i were on our way back from a spectacular sea trip to St. Francis bay in south Africa, we left at 0900 hours. At 1000 hours we were caught in a bit of a traffic jam. At 1030 hours we were able to maneuver around the jam and back on to the main road. At 1100 hours (to our horror) we came across a VERY recent traffic accident involving a black range rover sport and a smaller vehicle which brand still bewilders me.

There was one patrol vehicle on scene and no medics. Thankfully we all had just passed our Advanced Medical License test one week earlier. We pulled over and rushed to the scene following HHHABC protocol(Hazards Hello Help Airway Breathing Circulation) the black range rover was beyond recognition on one side and had obviously rolled, there were 2x code blue 1x code red and 1x code black. In the small car, on the other hand, there were 2x code red and 3x code black. (code blue= minimal injuries, code green= moderate injuries, code red= serious injuries and should be treated IMMEDIATELY, and code black= there is nothing you can do for them but hold their hand and pray it be a quick and painless death.)

Almost immediately there was panic, shock, screaming, blood, and horror. It was very hard to regain calmness and assess the situation at hand. We divided into two teams, three of us to the small car and the other four to the range rover. the last guy was to take details of the situation and write them down.

I went to the smaller car to assist where i could. What I saw still haunts me. The twisted, crushed metal seemed to infuse with all the blood, bones and decapitated limbs scattered along the car interior, we were able to get the 2 code reds out after assessing that the neck and back were in stable enough condition to be removed. We were able to remove 2 of the code blacks from the vehicle but not the last one, she was DOA. I went to one of the code blacks after some deliberation with the guys who kept on saying that they had it handled.

She was 6 years old at most, screaming and wailing for her mother and father, the remaining stump of her arm slowly oozed out the last of her blood, then she was dead, there was nothing more I could do.

I entered a trance like state and started barking orders at the officers to get a medivac down here at once, they complied with great stubbornness. I looked at the Range Rover and suddenly saw team 2 beginning to run away from the vehicle after extracting the two males with minor injuries. Then there was a small explosion and the vehicle caught fire. Then that noise came.

the unmistakeable noise of metal screeching and people screaming, the smell of petrol, burning flesh, and the salty air all mixed to make the most wretched smell anyone could have smelt. There was nothing we could do but evacuate the casualties to a safer area for fear of another explosion. It never came and the screams carried on for what seemed like hours, day's even. But in reality, only a few minutes.

After an hour of medical care, CPR, and blood, we were all exhausted and demoralized after loosing another one. Eventually the medics came and took over from us, they gave us each a sweetie and told us to bugger off and play with each other. Unfortunately I cannot relinquish any other information.