- Off-Topic Airplane -

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Macgeoghagen
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I think it would be cool to make my own ultralight airplane. Maybe one with the same sort of design as the old wood/cloth biplanes, but with modern materials. I have never really enjoyed any of the airplanes that I have rode in. C5, C17, KC135, numerous civilian passenger aircraft are all like being closed in a big box. Blackhawk and chinook helicopters are pretty fun. They aren't sealed, so you have more of a flying feel than a "stuck in a big metal tube" feel.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

You have many reasons, I think. My father also want to make an ultralight, but I do not really like them. They do not have engines !
But on the other side ultralights are really nice, even if I don't like them.
About Big Box, ok I shall respect your opinion. :wink: And about helicopters, I like them too. My favorite is Mi-6.
Of course you are right than there are a great fly feel.

But my love are Close Big Metals Tubes.
-SPOILER-Nick says that you are from Chile but helicopters from USA.
PS : And KC135 are "tanker". I very like people who like aircrafts, helicopter, or somethink which can fly. :D
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

My favorite is the messerschmit 262 A2 of ww2. When that thing was equipped with 2 20mm cannons and 2 30mm cannons AND 8 8inch HVAR missiles, it was nothing to be snorted at. It also had a top speed of 618 mph. Best plane ever made in my books.
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Chase wrote:My favorite is the messerschmit 262 A2 of ww2. When that thing was equipped with 2 20mm cannons and 2 30mm cannons AND 8 8inch HVAR missiles, it was nothing to be snorted at. It also had a top speed of 618 mph. Best plane ever made in my books.

It's intresting that you wrote mph not kmh :D
And engines of M262 lives only about 25 hours. (little too short, but it was a first jet engines !!!)
Finally I happily suprise that somebody remember this plane, thanks. :D
Attachments
And the plane :)
And the plane :)
ME262.gif (255.36 KiB) Viewed 6026 times
stealthx
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Datal wrote:Ohh man,
Sopwith, Fokker, I see you are a really conservative man's, :D It's good.
Young people's often prefer new planes like f-22, f-35 and others like thats.
I prefer Focke Wulf
I like the Raptor, what's wrong with it? :x But if you are asking about old vintage ones then it's the P-51 Mustang for me! :D
Be the hope of humanity. Be a Gundam Meister.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

stealthx wrote:
I like the Raptor, what's wrong with it? :x But if you are asking about old vintage ones then it's the P-51 Mustang for me! :D

I don't like both of them. Both come from USA, but it isn't a problem. The problem is the price (1h of flying). And 2-3 times less costly Su-34 is only little worst that Raptor :wink: Stealth technology is working about 2h, and conservation is very hard, expansive and laborious. Many work and little effect. And Americans don't want too sell it out. If you are from america you are lucky. :)
I thing even if Raptor is very better than Su or MiG, the one F-22 aganist three MiG's never win in open combat.

<If you buy one F-22 then I buy three Su> This is the business. :D

In new planes I like Gripen :D
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Second jet engine ever made. The first was the meteor mk.1 of 1935, made for the british before the second world war. However, the british did not like the new plane and wanted to stick with conventional engines at that time.
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
Cpt. Niceguy
Miner
Miner

P-47 thunderbolt
That thing's a TANK
Not as maneuverable as any other but..that's because of all the armor and armament..
:D
This signature is here solely for the purpose of you wasting time to actually read it.
stealthx
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Datal wrote:

...If you are from america you are lucky.
Nope, not from the USA. I am from Indonesia/Singapore.

Off topic: Planes and helicopters are what we have now. Will there come a time when we can fly a mobile suit? (If not the large ones favored by the Japanese, then how about Ironman type of suits?) I believe they are ideal for combats.
Be the hope of humanity. Be a Gundam Meister.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Chase wrote:Second jet engine ever made. The first was the meteor mk.1 of 1935, made for the british before the second world war. However, the british did not like the new plane and wanted to stick with conventional engines at that time.

I knew that but, I never thought that sombody can know that too 8-) (M262 was really better than UK Meteor )
Macgeoghagen
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

for early jet planes, i like the f-86.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Macgeoghagen wrote:for early jet planes, i like the f-86.

This is sabre ?
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Hmmm... planes. I made a MIG-21 Fishbed and an F-4 Phantom model back in high school. Now I really love the A-10 Warthog. It's the best tank-killer ever!!!!
Fighter interceptor..it's still the F-14 Tomcat. In terms of super cruise coolness (imagine a crusing speed of Mach 1.3) it's the Raptor!
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

erik dela cruz wrote:Hmmm... planes. I made a MIG-21 Fishbed and an F-4 Phantom model back in high school. Now I really love the A-10 Warthog. It's the best tank-killer ever!!!!
Fighter interceptor..it's still the F-14 Tomcat. In terms of super cruise coolness (imagine a crusing speed of Mach 1.3) it's the Raptor!

Lovely :D try this : Here :)
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

So Datal you saw what that baby can do. Have you heard the story of an A-10 being able to still come back to base after an air raid over Iraq (Desert Storm I think) with just one turbofan running? Awesome right?
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......