Just Games

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

ThePrivateer wrote:
I can't get AOE III triggers/maps to work correctly...but AOE II was great -- I remember making hundreds of battle scenes, with giant cities getting seiged by a thousand trebuchets etc...good times. :D
I couldn't get the AOE III triggers working. All they say is "Trigger 8-4323a" or something like that. I said I like the AOE II triggers. My favorite is to have no conditions, and create soldiers, and order the soldiers to walk to a city wall. Or do the above, but have eight of them spread evenly around the outside of the map, sent them all to the center. Where the player is. With roughly 45 guys. :twisted:
I also had a slew of rebellion style campaigns, one of which you had to keep convoys from getting across the map through the forest. At the end, the king comes with a large convoy, and you have to kill him to win. :D
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

So "finally" I should add my favorites...

-Titan Quest
-Age of Empires III (with 2 expansion pack)
-Age of Empires I (not II)
-Uncharted (PS3)
-Transcendence
-Close Combat II
-Need For Speed MW (the best NFS :!: )
-Kingdom Hearts (PS2)

I want to be modest, but in AoE III I'm a undisputed Master. For me it's the best game in this world.
I against 3 in very hard... EASY :!: I have a lot of hour's...

Titan Quest - I just like Actions RPG's. And this is the best.

Transcendence - No comment

Uncharted - Try and you'll know why

Cc2 and Aoe I - These game from my childhood...

Kingdom Hearts - Just try, I personally like Disney...

Greetings to fans AoE III :!:
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Drako Slyith wrote:I enjoy strategy games such as Age of Empire (II, not III) and Civilization V. I also like games such as the Sims where you can create things such as houses, castles, prisons :twisted:
My congratulations you won the first award, answer consistent with this good. :D
Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

My personal favorite games. I'd easily recommend all of these games to anyone.

Transcendence: Barely needs mentioning, really.

Baldurs Gate Trilogy: The story is still one of the best in any video game I've ever played, and is truly 'epic' in every sense of the word.

Neverwinter Nights: I prefer the NWN engine over the Baldurs Gate engine, but story in the official modules is a little lackluster. Luckily there are hundreds of community made modules just as good- many are better- than the originals.

Deus Ex: Easily one of the best games I've ever played. The story is simply amazing, and the atmosphere is extremely deep.

Fallout 2: Great gameplay, atmosphere, story, and even better sardonic humor. Twice as good when played with the Fallout 2 restoration project.

Battlezone: Frequently overlooked tactical FPS shooter. Fly a hover tank around planets and moons in our solar system, fighting off soviet raids while building your base and searching for ancient alient artifacts. Both gameplay and story are topnotch.

Zeus Master of Olympus: My favorite entry in the city builder series, this game is extremely replayable, with a wide variety of challenging scenarios, and extremely humorous voice-acting and writing.

Avernum series: A largely unknown indie gem produced solely by Jeff Vogel. Perhaps my favorite RPG series of all, these games are downloadable straight from his site, and the first segment of each can be freely played without registration.

Freespace 2: Extremely tense and exhilarating space action, the gameplay is balanced and very fun. The voice acting is beautiful and the story is a masterpiece. One of my favorite things about this game, is that it can be very hard. On my first play through the game, I had to replay some missions several times, and some lines will stick in my head forever, "Dive, dive, dive! Hit your burners pilot!".

Hardwar: I haven't had much experience with this game, and the combat can be a little bit easy, especially coming from Freespace 2, but the atmosphere is extremely deep, and the dynamic economy is amazing. I'd love to see game in particular remade into a Transcendence expansion.

Dwarf Fortress: I don't play it often, but this is my favorite game to launch when I feel the urge to design and build a 3d city, fortress, or tower.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

humm my favorites are
Urban Terror - ran a server few servers for a while at mostlyincorrect.info (e.g. my sig)
Tyrian 2000 - Classic - nothing beats this type of game
Transcendence (who woulda thunk)
Assault Cube - works great for dial up speeds
FS2
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ttech wrote:humm my favorites are
Urban Terror - ran a server few servers for a while at mostlyincorrect.info (e.g. my sig)
Tyrian 2000 - Classic - nothing beats this type of game
Transcendence (who woulda thunk)
Assault Cube - works great for dial up speeds
FS2
I do not know any of those games :( (without TC)
But I'm famous for my curiosity... and I will try... :) ROCKET !!!
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Or any of you ever found a whole set epic in the game Titan quest :?: :?: :?:
(without cheats/mods)
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Nice avatar Datal, though that game reminds me of another game. :P
War Zone 2100 (used to be a huge game in stores ~ 90's)
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ttech wrote:Nice avatar Datal, though that game reminds me of another game. :P
War Zone 2100 (used to be a huge game in stores ~ 90's)
Many thanks Ttech :D I had some problems with size of avatar, but know everything is ok.
I had also ideas about lufthansa avatar or AMG or Mercedes, but ultimately chose kangaroo. :) :D
Australian Kangaroo
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I found more games!
1916- Der Undekannte Kreig
I haven't beaten it yet, but it's very intense for a WWI game.

Starcom
Great music, combat mechanics and story. The only real failure is that it ends too quickly.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Hmm, games I enjoy playing....

Age of Empires (Gold Edition)
Age of Mythology
Rise of Nations

Ancients I: Deathwatch
Ancients II: Approaching Evil

The Red Baron
Capitalism II
Sim City 2000 (1990's)

Star Wars: Battlefront II
Star Wars: Jedi Knight series
Star Wars Empire at War
Star Wars Empire at War - Forces of Corruption
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (Gold)

The Legend of Zelda (2000)

Electronic (Pixel Painters)
Xatax (Pixel Painters)
Laser Light (Pixel Painters)

Lemmings (1990's)
Crystal Caves I & II
Jump Man Unlimited (1990's)
ZZT (Unlimited Edition /w/ Level Editor)
Wolfenstein 3D (1990's)

Midtown Madness
Raptor: Call of the Shadows
Tyrian 2000
Transcendence (v.98b - v.1.0.6)

Hero's Quest (1990's)
Quest (MWD Software)
Quest II (MWD Software)

Yeah, I think that just about covers it. :twisted:
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Flash Games:

The Last Stand:Union City [Zombie action RPG, NOT like the previous 2 TLS games)....although if you can find a chainsaw...it's still pretty damned awesome. or the barrett. Or a military UMP-45....or...well...a lot of things are awesome about this game. DOES NOT LIKE GOOGLE CHROME. Use Firefox until google fix their damned browser (it's NOT ConArtist's fault...it's a Chrome bug).

Lemmings Returns (LITE) is a cut down version of a tribute to lemmings. Plays brilliantly, and genuinely feels like the old games. lacks some features because of caps on game size for flash-hosting sites.

Async Racing [multi-player asynchronous racing game] (can't remember the link, haven't played it for months. Wurmish was pretty damned awesome at it when i was playing it, although I very nearly beat him on one level after about 3 days of honing times on the track. I hit a tree on just about the last nasty corner and said 'Screw it')

Starfighter:DG. Yes. I played it too, back before it got hacked to hell. In more recent times, I've played the Newgrounds version a few times...and got vortex-bombed IN THE SYSTEM I STARTED IN. IN THE FIRST THIRTY SECONDS. How fair is THAT?

....that said, it was a one-off. :P

Oiligarchy See how long you can last before you're fired, retire, or the world blows up. Oh, and you get to invade iraq and destroy rainforests. Great fun.

Portal: The Flash Version

MARDEK 1 & 2 (3 is long and a little annoying)

Zombie Alien Parasites. Terrible backstory, great gameplay....the shop system's annoying though. Some of the secret levels are nice.

Raze. Possibly the best, certainly ONE OF the best flash side-scrolling shooters in the last coupla years. The guys who made it have nearly finished a sequel which should be way better.

Anything by Brad Borne (guy who does The Fancy Pants Adventures games)

Computer games I haven't played for too long:

SimIsle: Missions in the Rainforest. Hard as hell, and published when I was 3. But the BEST simulation game ever in some ways. Unusual in that it requires you to set up supply chains.
Incidentally, if anyone can help me out getting this thing running on Ubuntu, please give me a message...I really want to get this running, and I HAVE THE GAME DISC.
:D
SimCity 2000: Probably the best simcity game of all time.

SimPark/Safari: Look. I was like, 7-9 when I started playing them, and today I'd find them just as fun. Kids games, but you can burn down africa and cover your park in kudzu. Heheh.

SimAnt: This thing is just WIERD, and the main full game is far too easy....but it's what inspired The Sims. True story.

Otto-matic: I never got the hang of this...and it was wierd as hell...and the camera was "EUUURGH" inspiring for moving behind a tree when you needed to SEE things....but it wasn't too bad.

Age of Empires II (Heheh. Transport ships are so overpowered...)

Computer games I currently play:

Transcendence
Minecraft
Oolite (Open source version of Elite. Much easier to control than the original, still hard at times, and still with....simple...graphics)
Elite (I have a BBC Micro emulator)
SuperTuxKart (It. Is. Awesome.)
NetHack (I am really terrible at it though)
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:
Computer games I haven't played for too long:

SimPark/Safari: Look. I was like, 7-9 when I started playing them, and today I'd find them just as fun. Kids games, but you can burn down africa and cover your park in kudzu. Heheh.
ahh, i remember that, used to play it a friends house :D
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Starfighter:DG.
Aw. I played it /after/ multi :(
AoE II was very, very fun :D

Anybody up for some Mud and Blood ?
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Nill
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Drako Slyith wrote:I enjoy strategy games such as Age of Empire (II, not III) and Civilization V. I also like games such as the Sims where you can create things such as houses, castles, prisons :twisted:
8-) We both like the same games
I Hate This Game="Nill"
YAY NYAN CAT IS IN TRANS http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=949
♫♫♫♫♫
♫ /l
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
In IRC you'll hear great thing like this
[19:41] Azar_Wolf |oh derp, will have to leave in 10 minutes
[19:41] Ttech |NOQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
[19:41] Ttech |eats Azar_Wolf
[19:41] Azar_Wolf |...
[19:41] Ttech |And spits out a ... uh...
[19:41] Ttech |I don't know
[19:41] Ttech |Its a blob
[19:42] Azar_Wolf |eww
[19:42] sdw195 |...