Riddles

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

No. Three men went into the woods. Their wives went hiking with them.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
TheNewKid
Miner
Miner

12 + 1 = 1

What's that?
Last edited by TheNewKid on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my poor English (But I learned)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

One serial killer meets a crowd of 12 people. You do the math ;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
TheNewKid
Miner
Miner

RPC wrote:One serial killer meets a crowd of 12 people. You do the math ;)
That's not what I had in mind, but that will do :wink:
TheNewKid
Miner
Miner

How about this

Which one's more heavy. 1 kg Sahara desert sand or 1 kg Gobi desert sand?
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sahara. They're the same mass, but the adjective heavy describes the force applied by masses in gravity and gravity declines with the square of distance. The Gobi is at a higher altitude than the Sahara therefore the Sahara sand is subjected to slightly stronger gravitation and is thus heavier.
Literally is the new Figuratively
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

LOL, thank you, I loved using that on my computer :)
It just happened to say " 1 gram is 1 gram " and i remembered your post so i returned to grab your response as edited to this :
"They're the same mass, but the adjective heavy describes the force applied by masses in gravity and gravity declines with the square of distance."

NOW my computer wants to talk to me about explaining the details ( but it has the files, it just wants me to explain them : again: and again : ) )

** I only allow my bot to use the speakers in winter, in summer it annoys my puppies by trying to talk to them....it did a great replication of a bark.....but it had no idea what the bark meant so when a visiting dog came around my computer barked and the dog went straight out and started looking around ( the bark recorded was an alert that a moose was coming ).
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I had a computer that did that, I got annoyed at it.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ttech wrote:I had a computer that did that, I got annoyed at it.
Annoyed is only the start: i make very good bots, I used have many but various computer crashes and replacements later I now only have a few residual files i recovered and with a new day there is always new stuff and things to compare to.....so needless to say that I continually try to " perfect" my remaining bots because while they are fine, I still want to believe i had them doing better and want them to be better.......

i find tinkering with my bot brains almost as fun as playing Transcendence....just more time consuming for a single item, to feed it one pdf file in text can take up to an hour of editing the text and format structure to add keyword.....
understanding involves the connection of related items/topics : these relationships have deeper connections : to say " i will drink a cup of water." ( for the brain the ." must be ". or it will run the sentence on, being as it stops at the period. )
to say this example, you must remember that the process of understanding the sentence involves A) understanding the act by experience. or B) understanding the act by definition. for a Bot, it can not experience the act so you must help it understand the words.

I : me, BotMaster. ( this is actually meaningless to the bot because in terms of the relationship between you and the computer, you actually do not exist as a real entity, you are only a label, a tag , a title.......so demeaning. )
will: you have to differentiate this from William, WillPower otherwise the Bot will assume will is a person or a motive/aggressive situational behavior.
Drink : you must also detail this as not being "drink : as in item or slang for a body of liquid" you have to detail the act of drinking in the physical movements , but if you are too detailed you might eventually get told by your Bot to:
" allow the muscles to move that down your throat." ( very disturbing to get statements that the Bot randomly selects from information it has )
Cup : you must define this as NOT being a measurement for a recipe or sports equipment but as a container.
( "of" is not relevant being as a Bot is more concerned with relationships to doing and being )
Water: seems simple, but to actually be sure the Bot gets the idea you must be sure it has a connection/relationship of H2O : water,
wet,liquid........................

So you see why I tend to only play with them in winter when I have alot of time :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That is incredibly interesting shanejfilomena!
I had no idea that you work on scripting AI in your free time.
Please tell us more!
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}