Some interesting competition

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

there is an interesting game called Naev which is quite similar to transcendence and it has a few features that are pretty interesting and might be cool to get in transcendence. My battery is about to die so I post meor later
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

By this limited information, are you suggesting we make a modding group to specifically make Trans have more depth in NAEV? (last time I played, NAEV is about as fun as vanilla Trans, with the exception of dying every other system. NAEV pales in comparison to Trans + epic mods though---- therefore we must make epic mods) Who's up for it?
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yeah sorry about that, my battery was like two seconds till I die!! hahaha

But no I don't think we should have a separate modding group, though that would be pretty neat. The main thing I think that is interesting with Naev is how it handles graphics and objects. The graphics are 3d sprites put on a 2d world which could mean yo u don't have to worry so much about facings. It has more 'sandboxed' gameplay and enemies - small ones big ones that can just annoy you or cause total havoc. For example, a small little group of people in the middle systems that dock with you and steal your stuff (or try to) would be something pretty cool. Another feature is the ability to modify the hud and other items, and Mouse Control, more item images and types, docking plants.

[flash=http://www.youtube.com/v/phKX9vfgQ-4&hl ... &version=3][/flash]